The wizard

Sniper parks the van not too far from the tower main entrance.

Sniper: there. sheila, I recommend not talking soldier with you.
Soldier: why you little-
(Y/n): I'm sorry, buddy. Mundy is right. how about you sit this one out? as a matter of fact, you all should law low for this one.
Soldier: no way! I have to kick his ass! that wizard needs some discipline! I will let him know not to show his face ever again!
Heavy: heavy won't let the little girl go in alone. is dangerous. Wizard is dangerous.

the man booms as his large hand pushes the soldier back into his seat. not unfastening eye contact with (Y/n) as he does so.

Demoman: yea. I have told you the story, haven't I? I lost my eye in there, lass. I don't want the same to happen to you as well or worse.

(Y/n): I know demo, I appreciate your concern. I'll be fine though. if I need help, I'll probably scream.

I giggle as I hop out of the van, taking the book with me. walking up towards the tower. i take a breath as i knock on the door. waiting for someone to answer, it doesn't take long before merasmus opens the door.

Merasmus: I told you many times before, I am not interested in your girl scout cooki- oh. uhm... why are you here?

the wizard eyes me up and down.

(Y/n): Hello. I have a favour to ask of you.
Merasmus: Merasmus doesn't do favours!

he snarls.

(Y/n): well, let's call it a trade then. I need you to do something for me, in return, I'll.... uhm. do or get something for you.

I awkwardly scratch my head, not really knowing what bargain to bring to the table. what could a wizard possibly need?

Merasmus: Merasmus will not agree until Merasmus knows what it is you want.

he gestures for me to enter his abode. I wipe the cobweb in my vision away upon heading towards the living room. This place is filthy. it must have been uncleaned for centuries. a thick layer of dust lays upon every surface. and vermin crawls over the tile floors. my nose wrinkles up in disgust. sneezing to release the undesirable dust particles from my trachea.

Merasmus: take a seat.

I shake my head.

(Y/n): I rather stand, thank you.

I fake a smile, not wanting mouse droppings upon my uniform.

(Y/n): to get straight to the point, my team and I are in need of power. you see, Medic has somehow acquired an amulet, granting him powerful magical abilities.

I flip the book open, searching the page.

Merasmus: this one? that's not possible. that amulet can only be obtained following the only written down rite in existence. Every shart must be found throughout a ritual. binding them together takes more than a simple ritual. it-

(Y/n): we know. we read this. medic almost completed everything.

Merasmus: impossible. those binding rituals tear your heart and soul apart. besides, the only rite is documented in the Bombinomicon.....he pauses for a moment.

Merasmus: I had lost it on Halloweens eve. yet, if the doctor would have found it, the book would never let him take a look at his pages. those who try to even gaze upon his pages shall be condemned.reading him without the proper knowledge to handle him, result into the destruction of the mind. madness will be your only companion.

(Y/n): what if the person reading it is already mad?

Merasmus: well, then-

he points a finger in the air.

Merasmus: then- I have no idea what would happen.

(Y/n): Well that mystery is solved. he was able to read it.

Merasmus: Damn him. We can not let him complete this amulet. this could mean the whole world will be consumed or even destroyed!

(Y/n): that's why I am here. to ask for your assistance. our weapons are powerless against him. I'm afraid we have to try to fight magic, with magic.

Merasmus: Alright. Merasmus will help you. We will work together to stop him, destroy the amulet and I will make sure to destroy the Sharts so no one will ever be able to find them again. in return, you will help me get my Bombinomicon back.

(Y/n): Deal!

Merasmus: so. do you know how far he is, we could make a schedule based on his progre-

(Y/n): all he needs is the last item.

Merasmus: My god! why didn't you mention it sooner?!

the man yells in a panic.

(Y/n): that's the thing. we know who it is. I am the last item. and we are planning to use that against him.