the end

The team has gathered all the supplies, equipment, tools, and weapons they can find. in preparation for the fight against medic. Merasmus cast a spell to track down the doctor, so the group proceeds to his location. They come to a standstill at a safe distance, organising their defences. Engineer deployed a few sentries and dispensers, as well as a teleporter.

Engineer: when things get to heated, you can always make a run for the teleporter.(y/n): alright.

As the other mercs discuss their plan, she assists the engineer in setting up the lights. The other mercs discuss their plan. They also have plan B and C in case things go south.The engineer ensures that the lights are strategically placed to provide maximum visibility in the area. The mercs finalize their plan, making sure to have contingencies in place for any unexpected situations that may arise. They understand the importance of being prepared for any potential setbacks and are ready to adapt if needed.

Soldier: is everyone ready?He looks around, everyone gives an affirmative.Soldier: be careful (y/n).
(y/n):I will be, soldier.

she nods as she makes her way towards the medic. He sits alone, staring up at the sky. he seems to be in Parel, contemplating whatever is in his mind. despite his inability to register that she was there. she doesn't use this for a stealth opportunity.

(y/n): medic?

she softly calls out as she stands behind him, snapping the German man out of his trance. he looks over his shoulder, shocked to see (y/n).

Medic: (y/n)?
his eyes are wide
(y/n): we need to talk.

Her heartbeat quickens. She is uncertain what the medic will do. maybe he is so power-hungry that he just takes her inside the crystal chamber right away. instead, she is pulled into his embrace. she has no idea how to react for a moment but she just wraps her arms around him.

Medic:(y/n). This amulet, its a curse.

she is surprised to hear this from medic.

Medic: I have never told you this. I love you. I mean it wholeheartedly. and that's why as a result of these feelings I have, you are the final sacrifice required to complete this amulet. I need to sacrifice the one I love most. i thought i found a way around it by creating this crystal chamber inside the gemstone. however, it's flawed and it doesn't work as intended.

he refers to the time spy was able to escape.

Medic: that would mean I have to kill you. I don't have the heart to do it. I dont want to lose you.
he looks at her.
Medic: but perhaps i already have.

his words are mournful. full of regret. his embrace grows more profound. he holds her securely in his grasp as he whispers,

Medic: I never wanted to put you in danger. I thought I could protect you, but now I see that my actions have already caused you pain. I cannot bear the thought of losing you.

I look up at him and I see the genuine pain in his eyes.

Medic: I wish I never touched that book. but now I lost everything. you, my friends.... (y/n): it doesn't have to be that way. medic. I forgive you. I can speak for the others as well if you decide to give up this amulet. things will be able to go back to normal.

Medic: Perhaps you can overlook my acts, but the others will not, (y/n). This I am certain of.

The other mercs monitor the conversation from a distance. They exchange glances as they contemplate what to do. After a brief deliberation, they lay down their weapons and approach the medic. Merasmus is still in the back, ready to act if necessary.

Heavy: little girl is right, we will forgive doctor.
Engineer: But you have to get rid of that thing as well as the bombinomicon. we abandon magic altogether. so no one can ever be tempted by it again.
Demoman: aye! that book and the wizard are evil.

Medic is relieved to hear it. he takes the amulet off. his clothes turn back to his team colours. Merasmus now appears in front of the medic. snatching the bombinomicon and the amulet.

Merasmus: never touch my belongings ever again!

He frowns as he scans through the books pages. much to the book's dismay. it complains

Merasmus: shut it. You should know better than to use your wisdom to entice Foolish mortals.He stops on a page and reads the spell out loud, shattering the amulet. All of medic's sacrifices come undone and fall out of the crystals. Archimedes, who was trapped in one of the jewels, escapes unscathed. creating a chamber for a bird was far easier than creating one for a human.

Medic: Archimedes. you are alright. The bird lands on medics shoulder, cooing happily.

Medic: I'm sorry for trapping you in there, my friend. I promise to be more careful next time.The bird responds with a contented chirp, seemingly forgiving Medic.

 Merasmus: i will take care of these gems. no one will ever find them again.

the wizard vanishes and the mercs head back to their base.

(y/n): alls well, ends well.

she smiles, giving medic a kiss on the cheek. making him blush.