Chapter 01

Silence.

That is all that could be heard aside from the hum of our small fighter ship. In the present moment that is.

Screams. Crying. Calls for help.

All of these sounds flooded my head as I closed my eyes and reached out through the force. Everything felt cold, nothing like what I have ever felt before. I shivered, gasping as my eyes widened and allowed me to take in my physical position in this vast galaxy.

"We should try to get some sleep" Rex spoke up gently, clearly hearing my gasp from behind him. We had been travelling for hours since the Jedi Crusier had gone down. "There's an uninhabited planet close by that we can land on." He announced, checking his galaxy map on the small screen in front of him as he flew the ship.

I stayed silent but Rex understood and brought the small shuttle to land on the isolated planet below. I jumped out of the shuttle taking in the fresh air around us before walking off.

"I'll get some supplies to start a fire" I said simply, marching into the forest around us. By the time I had returned with an armful of sticks Rex had already set up a small camp for us with two sleeping bags around where the fire would be.

He sat back while I put together the stick in a pile, lighting it as it went up in a flame. I winced back as an image of the Jedi Temple burning flashed into my head.

"Hey, are you alright?" Rex worried when he noticed.

"It's really over" I came to a full realization.

"What's over?"

"The war. We lost." I sat back by my own sleeping bag. "The Jedi Temple has fallen" Rex nodded silently, not knowing what to say which was our cue to get some rest before we get back to our new battle.

Survival.

The two of us had laid back in our respective spots, only a few feet away from each other. I was laying on my back, eyes closed but mind buzzing. Memory's of the war flashed through my head but not the bad ones, memory's of the good times with Ahsoka, Anakin and Obi Wan as well as the clones who had been so loyal to us until the devastating end.

With a huff of frustration I sat up, looking towards Rex who had also been laying on his back, eyes closed. Memory's of happy times with him running through my head to remind me that I could still trust him.

"Yes?" Rex questioned me without looking up, feeling my eyes on him.

"Sorry, I just can't sleep" I sighed, causing him to sit up slightly to look over at me.

"Well I can't blame you, I did try to kill you" he reminded grimly as a sad look settled on his features along with regret for what he had done.

"And I trust you won't do it again" I told him with honesty after meeting his eyes for a split second. His eyes widened in shock at my statement.

"How can you still trust me?" He wondered.

"Because I've fought alongside you for the past three years of this gruesome war and I wouldn't trust my life with anyone else, before the Jedi had fallen and now" I explained, making sure he understood clearly. He nodded in understanding, watching carefully as a wave of sleep hit me causing me to yawn.

"Get some rest, Lyra, you're safe with me" he promised gently.

"Goodnight" I yawned again, laying back down and falling into a deep sleep. He stared at me in awe that I still trusted him after everything that had happened in the past few days.

"Wow" Rex lightly sighed with a smile. He shook his head slightly and laid back down to get some rest himself, knowing it would be even more rare than it was during the war.