Chapter 03

"Where have you been, Rex?" Echo questioned.

"Hmm. That's a long story." Rex shrugged. Moving to the bar we all sat down to discuss the situation throughout the galaxy. "And when the war ended, I guess you could say we've been... keeping a low profile."

"Very low. Imperial files have you both listed as killed in action." Tech pointed out.

"Being dead in the Empire's eyes has its advantages." Rex stated, looking to me with a frown.

"Well, how'd you track us down?" Echo questioned as the brother clinked their cups together.

"Trace and Rafa Martez. They said a squad of rogue clones helped them on Corellia. They told me I could find you here. And that you were traveling with a kid. Who is she?" Rex explained how we had gotten the information and had a peeked curiosity for the child.

"Omega. She's a clone like us." Hunter took another sip from his drink.

"Well, look who it is." Wreckers loud voice sounded form the doorway. He ran in laughing with excitement. "Come here, Rex." The large clone had picked him up in a strong hug.

"Yeah. Good to see you too, Wrecker." Rex spoke from Wreckers hold.

"General Jayko! We thought you had died with all of the other Jedi" he looked down at me, still not letting go of Rex.

"Well, it's a long story" I sighed.

"I thought you didn't like the regs." The little blond girl reminded from behind Wrecker.

"This one we like." Wrecker set Rex down who had immediately pushed him back gently. Wrecker gave me a quick side hug before I moved closer to Rex, still unsure of clones.

"Omega, this is Rex and Lyra."  Hunter introduced. Rex kneeled in front of the girl while I watched, standing slightly behind him.

"I've met many clones in my time, but never one like you." Rex commented looking eye to eye with her.

"You're a generation one." She pointed out, stepping closer as he grew uncomfortable and confused.

"Now how'd you know that?" Rex smirked slightly at her noticing.

"From the lines on your face." She stated back calmly. I let out a laugh at her words, prompting Rex to look back at us with his own chuckle.

"Yeah, I guess I've been around."

"You got that right." Wrecker laughed before groaning in pain as he held his head. Rex shot me a look of worry and sternness. "Tech, I need one of those med patches." He turned to his brother.

"You used the last one." Tech reminded.

"What's wrong?" Rex asked sternly, standing up and protectively moving me behind him.

"Nothing. It's just a headache." Wrecker claimed.

"Which are becoming more frequent." Echo added.

"Is that so?" Rex kept me behind him as I kept Omega close.

"If you're concerned about the so-called inhibitor chips, don't be. Our deviant nature appears to have impeded their functionality. Except in Crosshair." Tech tells us.

"You're telling me you haven't removed your chips?" Rex questioned again growing more and more weary of the group.

"No, not yet." Tech said. With these words Rex moved to grab his blaster while I held Omega close and reached for one of my sabers.

"You're a Jedi" Omega gasped at the sabers clipped onto my belt. Hunter stood up, noticing Rex's hostile movement.

"Rex?" Hunter tried to calm him down carefully.