Chapter 13

"So where is this imperial dockyard?" Rex questioned eagerly with no patience left in him to wait.

"By my scans it should be this way" Tech started to wander off from the group, leaving them to follow him blindly as he stared at his datapad, following the scan he took of the planet upon landing here. "Here" He abruptly came to a stop, Rex crashing into him as he was so focused on the mission at hand that he wasn't even paying attention to where he was going. The genius clone sent him a quick glare, while they all ducked down as a probe droid flew past them. The droid buzzed and continued on its way, not noticing the four clone troopers on a mission.

"That was a close one" Echo commented with a sigh of relief. "Now how do we get over there" he peeked over the crates they had been ducked behind towards the dockyard full of ships, the specific one they were looking for being on the other side with many droids and troopers in their direct path.

"Follow me" Wolffe ordered, leading the group to sneak across the dockyard. The quietly followed him across the area, staying hidden behind ships and crates. He held his fist up in the air and the whole group stopped behind him, waiting for a passing stormtrooper to leave before they continued again.

"We are halfway there" Tech noted, looking at his map which was projected onto his helmet visor for him to see better.

"Great" Echo muttered, peeking back over the crates again to see just how busy the dockyard was. "Still think we won't get caught?" He looked to the other bad batch member with question and concern.

"Of course we will" Wolffe stated next with determination, starting off again with no time left to spare, every second being another method of torture for me. The four of them had passed many squads of troopers and floating probe droids, none of them noticing until they were a few feet away from their destination, the ship.

"What's the problem?" Rex asked impatiently as the shuttle was just out of his reach when Tech made them stop suddenly.

"I'm scanning two life forms inside the shuttle"

"So? We go in and take them out" Rex shrugged back, not seeing the problem as he was blinded by his worry.

"Unauthorized persons detected." Something robotic spoke out and they all froze, knowing they had been caught. "Unauthorized persons detected." It repeated, the four of them turning to face the probe droid.

"We need to move, now" Wolffe urged when he glanced over to see every trooper on the dockyard racing towards them.

"Unauthorized pers—" the droid had been cut off as Rex's blaster shot right through it.

"Let's go boys" Rex ordered, leading them out into the fight recklessly.

The four troopers made a run for it, shooting at any trooper who dared to get in their way until they were on the shuttle. Echo closed the ramp behind him while Tech threw a shock bomb into the cockpit, electrocuting the troopers. Wolffe and Rex pulled the bodys out of the cockpit, allowing Tech and Echo space to get them out of there fast.

"We need guns!" Echo called back, starting the take off sequence.

"On it!" Wolffe replied hurriedly. "Rex, come on" he nudged his brother and they were both making their way towards the gun chairs, shooting back as other ships followed them into space.

"Preparing jump to hyperspace" Tech announced.

"Go!" Wolffe and Rex both called up to him, seeing they were out numbered and would be shot down if they stayed a second longer.

~~~

"What took you boys so long?" Hunter wondered curiously when the four of them returned to the war room looking like they've already been in a battle.