Chapter 04

"Lyra!" Rex called down to my with panic as he looked over the edge to find me missing.  "Pull!" He ordered the bad batch once he saw my hand grab onto the cable.

"What was... that?" Wrecker asked as he flopped on the ground.

"Hey, hey you're alright" Rex helped me up as I coughed up the water that had seeped into my lungs.  "Makes you miss battling clankers, doesn't it?" Rex responded to Wreckers earlier comment.

"Yeah."

Rex had pulled me to my feet where I stood drenched in water, hair sticking to my face. He looked at me with pity while I wrung out my hair and left it down to dry.

"Here" Rex had picked up my cloak and handed it over to me. I gave him a simple nod of appreciation. "This way" he lead us off again, keeping an arm around my waist to keep me close and safe. The door ahead had the med bay symbol on it, Rex checked underneath before Tech helped him to lift it for us.

"This will do nicely." Rex looked around with his flashlight, nodding with his choice. Tech had noticed the rats crawling about the room while we all moved in to get set up.

"I would no longer call this medical bay a sterile environment." Tech argued Rex's statement.

"Do you prefer to use the facility on Kamino?" Rex voiced the other option.

"This will do nicely." Tech agreed immediately.

"I'll calibrate the surgical pod." Echo told us, plugging his arm into the station to turn on the power.

"Time to get scanned, Wrecker." Tech put his bag and helmet down, turning to Wrecker with the device he had put together.

"Let's get this over with." Wrecker groaned, holding his head as he sat on the table. Wrecker handed over his gear to Hunter who placed it with the rest of the groups gear. The machine beeped as it was placed on Wreckers head, the inhibitor chip being shown on Techs data pad. Omega joined Rex, Hunter and I by all the gear to talk.

"Hunter, just because the surgery worked on Rex, doesn't mean it's safe. This is dangerous." Omega told him her worry's.

"It's more dangerous to leave their inhibitor chips in." Rex explained to her, setting aside his own helmet.

"We have to do this. It's worth the risk." Hunter agreed.

"And what if something goes wrong? I'll be left here with no one." Omega grew sad at the thought.

"We're not going anywhere, Omega. You're stuck with us for the long run. Got it?" Hunter placed a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"Lyra, I think you should go wait outside by the shuttle" Rex suggested.

"And leave you here if something goes wrong? No. I'm staying right her to help" I stated, walking over towards Echo. Omega watched me walk away with a smile, admiring my enthusiasm to help others.

"I think I found something. Ninety degrees from his right orbital floor, below the parietal and temporal intersection—" Tech started to explain to us when the others walked back over.

"Get that away from me." Wrecker pulled off the machine and shoved it back at Tech harshly.

"Something's not right." Omega noticed as she placed a hand on Wreckers shoulder and he was groaning in pain.

"Lyra" Rex began to worry for my safety.

"I'm fine" I reassured him, watching carefully.

"We need to speed this up." Rex stated to the others, trusting I could take care of myself like I had when he was in Wreckers position, though then I had the force to guide me, now the force was a vast cold feeling that only brought horror. Echo started up the machine, Wrecker looking into it before looking to the former ARC trooper. "You boys got lucky. Very few clones were immune to the effects of Order 66. It's rare." Rex told them all.