Chapter 06

Sitting on the floor of my quarters the holocron was laid before me and each of my sabers were rested in the palms of my hands. The weight of the items weighing me down when they had once fit into my hands with ease, flowing through the air in spinning patterns to protect not harm.

"Hey" Rex spoke softly as he joined me, not wanting to startle me when he noticed I was in a focused daze. He was leaning in the doorway, watching curiously while my eyes were focused on the items in my hand that I had been told over and over again are my life.

"Come in" I looked up from the sabers to invite him inside politely. He awkwardly maneuvered his way around me to sit on my bunk as I turned to face him, still seated on the floor.

"What's on your mind?" He probed carefully, not wanting to overstep due to my broken reaction to the holocron.

"Have you ever been told of how the Jedi get their lightsabers?" I looked up with interest. Ever since we had gotten the ship two weeks again I had been thinking back on my life, going over every lesson I had learned in my days of war or even as far back as being a youngling in the temple, all in hopes of finding a way to survive like Obi Wan had instructed in his message to all surviving Jedi.

"Well, uh no" he thought.

"These weapons are our life. A group of younglings when they are ready will be taken to their gathering on the planet ilum. The younglings are sent inside the icy temple to find their Kyber crystal which will only call out to each youngling specifically." I remembered the story's and memories of my own gathering as well as being a leader on a gathering with Ahsoka before she had been expelled from the Jedi Order.

"How did you end up with two?" The clone asked.

"When I was a youngling they took me and five others to Ilum. We all went inside and struggled to find our crystals. It was almost sunset and I would be trapped inside for the night if I didn't find my crystal in time. I had been so focused and worried about finding it that I had clouded my own senses and hidden the crystal from myself. Finally I had given up all hope and set down to meditate when I heard the song of my crystal playing thoughtfully through the cave. I chased after the sound and found my small green crystal, making it back to the group just in time." I smiled at the memory as I ignited my larger saber, green illuminating the room.

"Wow" Rex commented, never having heard a story like this before. "And your second one?"

"I was with master Nadir on Endor when I heard the familiar song play out. We had been sent there by the council to check out the area but found nothing but a few local creatures identified as the Ewoks. Just as we were about to leave I heard the same tune as when I got my first crystal."

~~~

"Lyra, what is it?" The woman questioned as I had stopped just before stepping onto the gunship.

"Master, is it possible to have more than one kyber Crystal?" I asked with confusion as to why I was hearing the tune again.

"It is rare that someone will have multiple Kyber Crystals but not impossible" she spoke carefully with thought. "If you sense your crystal I suggest you find it. We will wait here for you when you return"

With her words I had nodded before running off into the forest to find the crystal. I sighed in defeat as the tune had stopped and I was lost in the forest. Just as I was about to give up all hope again I noticed a green glow coming from the top of a tree.

"That must be it" I sighed, looking at how far up it was. Climbing the tree to find the crystal was difficult but I had managed with the help of a friendly Ewok and found my way back to the others.