Chapter 02

Suu lead us out to the market where we calmly walked through, picking out food for her family, Rex and I. We had stopped at a small stall in the market, picking out some fruits to take with us.

"Move along" I heard a trooper tell some people harshly. I peaked over my shoulder before paying for the food and keeping my head down low to avoid drawing any attention.

"I have everything we need" I told Suu in a whisper, letting her know I was ready to go before a scene broke out.

"You there!" The trooper shouted to me.

"Keep moving, you're not with me" I told Suu again, sternness filling my voice as I didn't want to put her in danger. I slowed down slightly to let her keep walking ahead, getting away from me to return to her family.

"Citizen" the trooper caught me, pulling my hood down to see my face as I looked to the three men around me. I stood cautiously as they stared me down intensely. "What were you buying?"

"Just some food for my family" I kept my words simple and my voice steady.

"Very well, move along" they waved me off. I gave a curt nod, pulling my hood up again before I walked off through the market in hopes of finding Suu again.

"Help me, please" a woman grabbed my arm, my hood falling as I looked to her in shock at the sudden movement.

"What's wrong?"

"The clone troopers, they took my son."

"Why?" I needed more context from the woman, kneeling close to talk in hushed tones to avoid being heard.

"He was wandering around on his own when he bumped into one of them and they took him away." She explained, worry evident in her voice.

"I'll get him back ma'am" I promised, moving in the direction she had pointed. I peaked around the corner, seeing a young boy sitting behind two troopers. "This can't be too hard" I thought to myself. Pulling my hood up once again I had walked out towards the troopers calmly, not stopping for anything.

"Ma'am, you don't have authorization to be back here" one stepped up to me in protest, about to grab my shoulder to stop me. I swiftly knocked him off his feet before flipping to kick the other man down, the fluid movements coming to me with ease.

"Come with me" I held my hand out to the boy. "I'm going to take you back to your mother" he grabbed my hand and we both walked out calmly as though nothing had happened. Handing him off to the woman I had found earlier I heard troopers shout as they rounded the corner to chase me.

"That's her! Get her!"

"Oh no" I sighed, running through the town. I moved through the crowds, weaving in and out of bunches of people until I saw the pink Twilek. "Suu, follow me!" I raced past her, pulling her into an alley as the troopers ran by.

"What's going on?" She questioned once we were safe.

"The troopers are after me"

"Why?"

"They took a kid and I brought him back to his mother"

"We need to go get Cut and Rex" she stated, thinking of a plan.

"No" I cut her off. "I can not go with you. They are after me not you and I will not bring them to endanger your family. Just get Rex and tell him to meet me just outside of town, I'll be there" she nodded reluctantly, rushing off to deliver the message as I snuck out of the town, avoiding troopers.

"She was seen leaving the town going south"

"Here they come" I noted, standing ready as troopers sped up the hill on speeders.