Chapter 16

"What's next?" Nadir wondered with a dark interest as she pushed further into my mind.

The area around me was now foggy and dark, clones of the 212th shouting out as they ran into battle. I looked around frantically, trying to remember where I was until I heard a gruff insulting voice over comms, no other Jedi in sight.

Umbara.

"Child, we are going to deliver a mission to Skywalker and aid his troops" Krell contacted me through com link as I was fighting with the soldiers of the 212th in the midst of the dark field on Umbara.

"On my way!"

~~~

"Well, I can't just leave my men." Anakin protested his orders to return to Coruscant.

"I'll be taking over in the interim. With this child" Krell spoke little of me.

"At least somebody had the right idea" Nadir commented, referring to the Large Jedi master who would soon betray us and break us beyond repair.

"Don't worry about a thing, sir. We'll have this city under Republic control by the time you're back." Rex promised Skywalker.

If only it were that simple.

"Master Krell, this is Rex, my first in command. You won't find a finer and more loyal trooper anywhere." Anakin told him as I smiled, knowing it was all true.

"He can't be that loyal if he hasn't come to rescue you yet, I bet he's glad he doesn't have to follow the treasonous Jedis orders anymore" Nadir added next, making my body tense at the thought that maybe they wouldn't come to rescue me this time, that maybe this was what was best for them.

"Good to hear that. I wish you well, Skywalker." Krell waved off Anakin.

"You alright?" Anakin leaned to ask me quietly after he passed Krell.

"Yeah" I nodded, but we both knew I was lying.

"Okay, keep an eye on my men" he told me sternly before jumping onto the gunship and being taken away.

"You certainly kept an eye on them, leading them into their death"

"That was Krell, not me, I protected those men with my life" I defended myself to my former master who was starting to get to me.

"Then why are you still here?"

"Your reputation precedes you, Generals. It is an honor to be serving you both." Rex stepped beside Krell as the ship left the planet, taking away Anakin Skywalker and leaving us to fight for our lives.

"I find it very interesting, Captain, that you are able to recognize the value of honor,
for a clone."Krell commented snarkily. "And you will not be serving this child, she is only here because the council needed someone to babysit her"

"I'm only glad I didn't have to babysit you throughout the whole clone wars, you were so dangerous to be around, but I guess that's what lead me here wasn't it? You leading us into a trap on that planet and leaving me to die?" She prompted the question, reminding me of what happened to set this path of life.

"Then why are you still here?" I shot back her earlier question with sass.

"Ah, Kenobis attitude" Nadir noted with a careful nod and an evident smirk.

"Stand at attention when I address you." Rex straightened up without a second thought along with his men. "Your flattery is duly noted, but it will not be rewarded. There's a reason my command is so effective, and it's because I do things by the book, and that includes protocol." Krell walked through the group of clones. "Have all platoons ready to move out immediately. That is all." The new General had walked off, leaving us to follow behind.