Attack On The Scouts Part 2

Levi Pov

"All right," He stated standing up. "I'll go check what's going on outside. The rest of you, stay here but be prepared in case anything happens."

He left the cart and walked to the front to see a crowd of civilians standing before him and the cart.

"Hey!" He yelled to the driver who seemed to be trying to shoo people away. "What's going on, why are these people here."

"Captain Levi," the driver said, seemingly surprised by his arrival. "They were told to come here by the military police, that's what they've told me anyway. They also told me they had to come here, apparently some sort of meeting."

He sighed deeply, pinching the bridge of his nose. This just had to happen, didn't it?

"All right, I'll go find out what's going on," he told the driver, who nodded in reply.

He fired his cables up to the houses fired himself at the roof, landing on it gracefully.

He walked along the rooftop, his eyes darting around, trying to find any MPs. If the military police told them to come here, then where are they?

He shot himself across the streets looking for them, but there were no MPs or Garrison to be found. Even after circling the block twice, he saw no one.

Somethings wrong, if they were having a meeting of some kind there would be at least some military police, more depending on what they're doing. He clenched his blades tighter as he made his way back to the carriage.

But there are none here.

"Captain, did you find what this is about then?" the driver asked while still atop the carriage.

"No. There are no MPs around to ask, oddly enough, there aren't any patrols or Garrison members here either."

"What?" Why would the MPs want them here if they aren't going to show up?" the driver asked, a look of surprise covering his face.

Exactly my thoughts. Though this could be a coincidence something just doesn't feel right.

Finally, the crowd started to part for the carriage, but just as it started moving forward he felt something happen.

Time seemed to move in slow motion. Out the corner of his eye, he could see the driver being hit by a round of what seemed to be a shotgun.

Instinct kicked in and he flung himself away from the cart, narrowly dodging the blast which had left a small crater in the ground. He immediately shot away, the screams and shouts of people and soldiers alike filling the air as he left.

He got onto the roof of a building and finally got a look at what was happening. Scouts and MPs were shooting around everywhere, the Scouts getting slaughtered as they tried to escape these new soldiers and their guns.

The carriage had its tarp ripped off and had been blasted to pieces, though there were no bodies in it, getting him to have hope in their survival.

Someone dropped down behind him and assuming the worst he threw himself behind a chimney, once again narrowly dodging a round of one of their guns.

He readies his blades, but instead of attacking, the MP stopped moving and began speaking to him, his voice throwing him back to his childhood.

"Hey, Levi," the familiar voice called out. "Look at how ya've grown."

No. Let it anybody but him.

The man shot himself upwards and above him aiming both guns at him. Now in the air, he could see the face of his attacker. His face was more withered than the last time they met, but there was no mistaking him.