Back To The Walls

After nearly three months, finally, chapter 13 has arrived.

Hope you enjoy.

Pov/Eren

They rode towards the gate of Karanes district, the wall stretching up fifty-meter and unbeknownst to most on the island, were filled with titans. After a couple of hours of riding with their horses at full speed, they had finally slowed down. The danger from the titan-shifters finally passing.

He had been expected an attack from Reiner and Annie, but surprisingly, they didn't attack. And there had been no sighting of either shifter with only several pure-titans being spotted throughout the return home.

But after thinking about it, he came to the conclusion that with Reiner so badly injured and Annie's strength drained, they had decided against attacking him, as it would most likely lead to them capturing another shifter or killing one of them.

He wouldn't be surprised if they were trying to contact Marley now, with the strength of the colossal gone, they would need the help of Zeke.

The gate was slowly pulled open, the chains creaking and groaning as they lifted the heavy stone entrance which had left an indent in the ground.

As they passed through the wall he felt eyes watching him as a large crowd gathered outside their houses. The crowds looked on at them surprised to see them back so soon and horrified by the casualties. They usually went out for several weeks at a time. But today, they weren't even out for a day before they returned with heavier casualties than usual.

More than half the Scouts had given their lives to capture Bertholdt, who was still in a carriage that was covered by a tent. He had been bound and gagged and next to him sat several scouts, who were continuously removing his regrowing limbs.

Whispers ran throughout the crowd, many of them insults towards them, others were simple questions. But then who wouldn't be confused at seeing the Scouts in this bad shape after only a day of going beyond the wall. Usually, they could last a couple of weeks before returning.

Too many good soldiers had been lost beyond the wall, and all because he had taken too long to attack Annie and Riner, bother of which had now escaped.

At least they had Bertholdt. But they can't hold him forever. It would only take one misstep and he would be freed to wreak havoc across the walls, and it would take some time to recapture him and along with the number of lives which would be lost would be monumental. They only had one option, they needed to pass on his power, the power of the colossal titan, to somebody within the Scouts. But the serums on the island were with Rodd Reiss, who would not give them up easily.

It seemed they were surrounded by enemies. With Annie and Reiner still on the island, who knows what they would plan next, and beyond the walls stood Marley and a dozen other nations who wished for the extinction of his people. And within the walls stood the corrupted government and Rodd Reiss.

All of which wanted him dead.

They rode deeper into the city, every Scout looking forward towards Wall Rose, which they rode for slowly.

The citizens of Karanes district quickly disbanded after watching them for several minutes. Though several of these people stood still with tears rolling down their faces from when they learned of the death of their sons, daughters, husbands, and wives, all of which had fallen to the titans.

As they continued to ride forward, his mind ran past dozens of different futures which now could happen. With the capturing Bertholdt so quickly, the Marleyan government had lost one of their most powerful weapons, and without him, Reiner and the other shifters would not be able to use him, like they did last time.