The Trial

Pov/Eren

"Eren Yeager," his head shot up to see Pixis standing before him looking down at him ominously.

"That is your name. Isn't it?" Pixis asked him taking a flask from his coat pocket.

"Yes, it is," he deadpanned. Pixis stood motionless before him hands behind his back his face unreadable. I let this man get transformed into a Titan, and then I left him here to die.

He had let so many of his fellow Eldians die and their deaths were not even caused by the rumbling, he let them die simply because he didn't think to use the power of the founder to save them, he had the power so why didn't he?

"So" Pixis began you transformed into a Titan and sealed Trost. By crystalizing you Titan form," he stated utterly confused by the word coming from his mouth.

"Yes sir," he answered trying to keep his face emotionless.

Pixis was still trying to process the information but after another moment of silence, he spoke.

"You seem to have considerable control over this new power. From what I learned from you comrades you were able to transform two times the first no one saw the second you did so on your own accord... How is this?"

Pixis was eyeing him, most likely trying to catch a lie or anything that would give away his motives.

"I don't know. I only remember attacking the colossal titan and then getting hit with a blast of steam, then it was darkness" He stopped looking at Pixis who simply nodded at his statement.

"But. I remember something else, something I didn't tell my comrades. It was a memory from the day my father went missing. He was telling me that the secret to defeating the Titans, lies in the basement of our home, in Shiganshina."

"The secret of defeating the Titans... And what Is this secret? Do you know what it might be?" Pixis asked.

"No, I don't," he replied.

Pixis nodded then took another sip of his drink. This was the cause of your fall Pixis, drinking.

"Is that all?" He asked him putting the drink back into his coat pocket

He nodded in reply and looked at the ground of the cell.

Pixis turned and walked out the room without another word, leaving him on his own once again. I wonder when I'll get to leave this place.

Change Pov/Armin

"Armin!" Sasha shouted running towards him and Mikasa. They had been stood there for some time now being some of the few cadets who were alive and uninjured.

After Eren and Mikasa had charged forward they had watched from atop the wall waiting for help, it came quickly to his surprise but after learning that Eren had been taken into custody he had feared for his friend's life.

But it soon became certain that Eren would at the very least have a trial, the public had seen him from all around and the military as hard as they tried could not hide his existence. The public was split after this, many thought Eren to be the savior of humanity and a gift from the gods. But just as many thought him to be a devil, a demon, and in some cases king of the Titans who had come to try to extinguish the last remnant of humanity.

Sasha looked like she was about to collapse but managed to start speaking after a moment of rest.

"I. Overheard the officers speaking. Eren's trial has been confirmed," she managed to say before sitting down next to them.