Training again

Reiner pov

Reiner watched as Annie and Eren fought in hand-to-hand combat for the third time that hour.

What surprised him the first time was that Eren was able to keep up with Annie and even seemed to know Annie's fighting style which was strange considering no one used it withinside the walls.

Originally Eren had fought Reiner but when Eren had used Annie's fighting style against him he had been so surprised he had lost the fight.

Eren fought with experience, though he most likely had some experience from what he learned from Armin Eren always lost his fights.

Until now it seems.

He continued to watch them fight until he saw Shadis eying him.

He quickly moved on, but something was bugging him about Eren he just didn't know what.

TIME SKIP

He, Annie, and Bertholdt have sat at a table alone far enough away from the rest of the cadets that no one would hear them.

Three Titan shifters amongst oblivious Eldian's. He felt sorry for them, being trapped within these walls ignorant to the outside world.

They sat silently for several minutes before Annie broke the silence.

"When?" she asked him.

"Whenever we finish our training," He replied. "We break another wall and then we move forward, one wall at a time."

"Why to wait that long training last year's we could do it two if we wanted or even one if we tried."

"Because If we want to find the coordinate then we need to get into the MP brigade, the only way to do that and keep cover is to work for it. And they still haven't calmed down at what happened at Shiganshina and Maria, it would be too risky, especially with the scouts here." Lying to Annie and himself.

They could take the walls within several years but the guilt of doing that would break him further than he was already, after being the cause of the deaths of 20 percent of the Eldian race... it had changed him, in what way he didn't know or care he just wanted to prolong this as long as he could

Annie nodded accepting it, but he had no doubt she knew why he wanted to wait this long but if she did, she kept it to herself.

"Did you notice Eren during training," he asked them.

"What do you mean," Bertholdt asked, of course, he thought why would he notice.

He was fighting with a similar style to Annie even though they don't have that here," He looked at Annie, "you noticed it didn't you."

"Yeh I did but it wasn't exactly perfect either, they could have something similar to in here," she replied.

"You know they don't," he told her.

Annie did not reply, instead continuing to eat in silence.

His head snapped up to the sound of shouting from someone across the room, Jean's at it again he thought to himself. Jean was standing up face to face with Eren, though Eren was several inches smaller.

He didn't know what the argument was about, but he could tell from Jean's expression that a fight was likely to break out.

"You are an ass hole," Jean said smirking.

"Yeh, I know," Eren replied calmly.

To his surprise Eren did not throw the first punch, instead Jean charged into Eren knocking him backward into the table behind him. Eren slightly stunned from the attack elbowed Jean's back causing him to pull back. Jean then through a right hook which was blocked by Eren with ease before he then hit Jean in the liver with a body shot causing him to collapse.