The Negotiations

By the way, the previous chapter was updated with a second POV, so you should read that before you read this chapter.

Hanji POV

She stood across from Zackly in silence, their two groups separated by a moderately sized fire which crackled and let up a stream of smoke into the air.

It's all up to me now. Everyone else has played their part and led up to this moment, the moment where this rebellion will crumble or will come out stronger than ever.

After a moment longer of staring at the general, she finally spoke, breaking the silence.

"Zackly, you already know what we want, so tell us what you want."

"I know what you want, but how many of them do you want?"

"Pixis is supplying about three or four regiments to our cause. And we were hoping with your higher position and greater connections you could bring double what he's bringing, maybe even more.

"So you got Pixis to join your cause? That does surprise me. He only joins a cause when he is sure it will, or at least mostly sure," Zackly began while standing nearly completely still.

"But I could supply you with up to six, but no more. If we had enough time I could bring more, perhaps even some artillery as well, but it is clear to me that we no longer have that time."

"Does the government know about us?" She asked, already suspecting the answer.

"Of course, they know about you. Your soldiers left a trail of bodies as they left the city, and though they have not openly admitted about an attack, they seem to be preparing for an attack."

"They've pulled up men in the hundreds and have told civilians to stay inside unless necessary. When I was leaving I saw trenches in the streets and frontline houses being taken by the military."

"Then we have to strike fast, if you can bring those six regiments then it should be enough as long as Pixis and his force make it on time. But now we know what we want, what do you want?"

"I want many things, but for me supplying those men I want command over this army, alongside Pixis if necessary. Secondly, if we win this battle I want to keep my position as General of all three branches and have the authority to remove the next monarch if I deem them unfit for rule."

"We can't agree to that demand," she cut in quickly. "The first two are fine, but we can't have you holding that authority. Because at that point you'll have full control over the walls, with both the military and the monarch on your side."

"Then I want a say over who will become the next monarch, and I want to become a top advisor to them when they take the crown," Zackly demanded.

"I... I can accept that," she replied, giving in to the demand. "So is that all?"

"There is more," Zackly replied as he stared her in the eyes with his emotionless expression. "I want full custody of the nobles within the capital. After they have been given to me only I will have a say in what happens to them. In simpler words, they become my property."

"Fine," she accepted, trying not to think about what he had in store for them. "But in return for getting them, you will give us the location of the colossal Titan and he will be put into our custody. That boy has had enough of your torture."

"Very well, though I hope you plan on ending him soon. He is a security risk, so don't let his appearance change your opinion of him."

"I won't, but if that's all then you should go begin to gather your forces. We will need them within the week so-."