The Cavern Part 2

Eren POV

His eyes burned with hundreds of images, all of them flashing against his eyes as he was pulled through the paths, mostly against his will.

Most of the vision was vague, but he was forced to watch what felt like hundreds of them pass through his like leaves in the wind.

But the more vivid images were seared into his mind, making them unforgettable as they passed slowly and steadily.

First of the vivid visions was a seashell with seven sections on it, but down the middle of the shell was a large crack, practically splitting the shell in half.

Next came an image of a warrior, clad in armour with blonde hair that fell to his shoulders.

After that a vision of two waves of soldiers charging forth at each other with artillery raining down all around them and thousands of guns firing across the field on which they met. Behind one of the forces lay a city with a river cutting through it, and just beyond the metropolis lay the Ocean.

And finally came a vision of a man in an office. He was alone, and in his hand was a handgun that was slowly rising to his head. Upon putting the gun to the side of his head he held it there for a second, the barrel of the gun pushing against his head as he seemed to reconsider his decision.

But after a moment passed he pulled the trigger back hard with a bang going off instantly after he pulled the trigger. But as the bang of the gun went off the flashing visions ended, and he appeared in a field alongside Historia and Rod.

They were the only ones in the field, with the sky above them being darkened by something as ash fell and floated around him.

He could only see several metres in front of himself, everything beyond that being shrouded in darkness. Though as he stood he felt the ground shaking slightly, however, it was barely noticeable.

"Where... Where are,-" Rod started from the darkness before the sound of enormous footsteps slammed against the ground suddenly, cutting off his sentence and striking fear into the man in an instant.

The darkness that once shrouded their vision dissipated before them, letting them see what was creating such earth rumbling noise.

But he already knew what was making the noise. For from the moment the sound began, he was cast back before his second chance.

Around them walked thousand of fifty metres tall Titans, smoke billowing off of them as they marched forward towards the sea.

But behind them and slowly approaching them was an even larger beast, made entirely from bone it dragged itself along the ground like a centipede. And in its eyes raged death and destruction, any mercy within them long since gone.

Was that the past or the future? I couldn't tell, and I don't remember such a moment occurring. For surely with the Founder's power, I would have seen us.

But that can't be the future that awaits me, I have fought so hard for another outcome, for something else but another slaughter.

But perhaps It is the only way, the only way to save Paradis and all those on it.

Whatever the case, I pray I make the right decision again this time, for I will not let this island fall.

But just as soon as they left the three of them reappeared in the cavern, or at least their minds did.

He tried to look behind himself, but the chains restricted his movement so much he couldn't even see the other two reactions.

"Wha... What was that?" the voice of Rod Riess asked, shock and horror filling his voice.