The Cavern Part 1

Historia POV

She, Levi and Eld stood around the once hidden stairs that led into the cave that lay beneath the Riess chapel.

The stairs had been hidden underneath a rug, under which lay a set of doors that revealed old stone stairs that led into the earth.

She did not know what awaited them below, but no doubt that there would be Anti-Personnel squad members awaiting any intruders.

Entering would be suicide, especially since there was only one entrance and a dozen men waiting to fire.

Add that onto them being outnumbered three to one, the odds did not look in their favour, though there was hope, she just prayed that she wouldn't have to use it yet.

"So," she said. "Have either of you thought of something yet?"

The two veteran Scouts looked at her in unison before speaking.

"Well I've thought of many things, but if you mean a plan then I got a couple of ideas. Though they aren't the best," Levi responded.

"Same here," Eld said quickly and simply.

"All of my plans rely on praying we don't get shot upon entering," Levi continued. "If we enter unscathed then it should become far easier."

"Far easier?" Eld questioned. "There could be at least a dozen in there and only three of us. I'm all for taking on a stronger enemy, but when they have guns and a single entrance, those odds just aren't worth taking."

"Well what other ideas do we have? All I can think of is charging inside and trying to kill as many of those bastards as you can before dying."

"There has to be another way, perhaps a distraction?"

"What are we going to do, throw her in there?" Levi responded while indicating to her.

"We could request a meeting with them," she said, cutting into their conversation.

"That would give away that we're here," Eld replied.

"And Kenny would kill us as soon as we came into his line of sight. The bastard has never been one for formality," Levi said spitefully.

"Sounds like you know him pretty well. Have you two met before?" Eld asked, changing the conversation suddenly.

"That's not something we need to discuss right now," came the response from Levi. "We need to focus on the mission at hand."

"Sorry captain."

Silence fell upon them once again after Eld finished speaking, but as she looked between the two veterans a sudden realisation came to her.

"We can use me as a distraction."

"They'll gun you down the second you get in there," Levi responded quickly.

"Not if I tell them who I am," she replied quietly.

"You're a soldier of the Scout Regiment, that will be nothing new to them."

"But I'm more than that..." She started before speaking in a near whisper. "I'm the daughter of Rod Reiss."

"What did you say?" Eld asked, his eyes widening in shock.

"I'm Rod Reiss's bastard daughter, or whatever you want to call me."

"You are joking... Right?" Eld questioned.

"No, I'm telling the truth. I am his daughter," she confirmed.

"If that were true... Then you would be the heir to the throne. Once Rod dies at least," Levi put in, looking her dead in the eyes as he spoke.