Broken Hearted

"Soren, I hope that we can be friends. I'm not ready at the moment to be with anyone." He nods his head giving me a kiss on the cheek. 

"Then we are friends, and I will look forward to the guided tour tomorrow." Smiling I give him a quick hug before I enter my quarters. 

"Look who the cat dragged in." Juxana with her arms crossed is sitting on my couch. 

"Let me guess, Kirk let you in." She taps a finger to her nose. 

"How did it go?" She follows me into my bedroom sitting down onto my bed cross-legged. 

"Soren is a good friend." Huffing she crosses her arms. 

"Spill it! I've already heard there was an interesting encounter at the lounge." Letting a smile escape she squeals hugging one of my pillows. 

"Sevek did not like seeing me with Soren. It turns out we are natural bondmates. That's why it was so painful to try to break our bond. We've worked out a plan to let the Council know and to dissolve his betrothal to T'Vara. I only hope that T'Vara doesn't make trouble for us." Juxana slams the pillow against the bed numerous times. 

"If she dares to mess with my best friend, she better come prepared to fight all of Betazid." Imagining a bunch of beauties throwing pillows at T'Vara I try not to giggle. 

"Or better yet get that big Klingon that likes you to beat her up." Appalled that she would even think such violence I smack her with a pillow. 

"Enough of this, tell me about the good stuff." Scrunching the pillow under her chin she stares at me wide eyed. 

"It was terrifying at first being in a room alone with him. He easily cornered me when I tried to avoid his questions. Sevek raising his voice is both exciting and scary." Looking like a little kid watching their favorite show she bounces up and down. 

"Then what happened?" She clutches the pillow tighter.

"When we really started to talk, he pulled me into his chest. It felt so nice and warm as he held me. Then as we were getting ready to leave the atrium, he went quiet. Coming closer to check on him he pulled me into a passionate kiss." Squealing she flops over onto the bed kicking her legs. 

"We continued to kiss as he tangled one hand into my hair and the other gripped my waist. Gasping for breath we leaned our foreheads together. After that we kept our distance as neither one of us could guarantee it wouldn't happen again." Flopping back on the bed I lay next to her and both of us giggle. 

"I'm so happy for you Layah. You deserve to be with the one you love." She places my deformed pillow back along the headboard. 

"I too have a handsome man to go see." Walking on her knees across the bed she hops down onto the floor going into my closet. Inside I can hear her rustling about as she searches for something. 

"Ah, ha! I knew I left you somewhere. She steps out in a teal-colored jumpsuit with a deep v in the front. 

"Don't wait up for me." She kisses my forehead as she bounds out of my room then out the door. 

Laying on my bed I close my eyes remembering how it felt to be in his arms and how his lips felt against mine. It was everything that I had hoped it would be and more. Knowing that it's too early to go to bed I change into something comfortable and make myself some tea. Looking at the calendar on my desk I can see that it's one of the days my father and I set to call each other. Seeing that I have a missed communication I open it finding him smiling and saying tag your it.