Clarity

"Computer, locate Ambassador Soren." In a split second the computer responds. 

"Ambassador Soren, is currently resting in his quarters." He too must have been told to stay in his quarters until the threat passed. 

"Officers' Quarters. Level 4." The lift begins to move as I try to put my thoughts together.

Standing in the empty no longer illuminated red turbo lift I review the days oddness. First was the unexpected visit from the Captain and Commander, and our whole conversation. Second why did Gordon seem confused and then angry. Third why did I in that security vid lose all rationality. Then on top of that why is the Lieutenant Commander ill? Could it be the previous trauma to her brain has made her susceptible to aneurysms? 

Exiting the lift, the corridor almost empty except for a few people that have come out to check on others. Strolling past a few of them I can overhear them speaking in concern about the Lieutenant Commander. Slowing my steps, I listen to see if there is anything they know.

"Poor thing, despite looking like that. As soon as the alert sounded, she was marching down the corridor. I do hope she's okay." 

"Such a sudden change. Just the other day she looked lovely in a maroon dress as she and that handsome young ambassador went to dinner. Now her cheeks are sunken in, dark circles around her eyes, and should her skin be so pale?"

Quickening my steps, I move away from them and to the door of Soren's quest quarters. Pressing the panel to alert him to my visit I see the two boys from the bridge being escorted by security to officers. They both walk with their heads hanging down as the walk past to the far end of the corridor. As they stole a shuttle craft using one or both of their parents' security codes. They will be confined to their quarters until a decision is made. Voices screeching their son's names make it hard for me to hear Soren's reply to my visit. 

"Enter." His voice over the com is weak as he gives me permission. 

Walking through the doors the lights to his quarters come on at a dim setting. Moving forward I can see his form sitting on the couch his gaze at the window full of stars. In front of him is a glass with familiar light blue liquid. 

"Romulan Ale, it is one I too enjoy." He turns to face me but does not offer for me to sit. 

"Please excuse me for not greeting you properly. The last two days have been trying. To what do I owe this visit, Sevek." His weak voice is beginning to fade, and it becomes almost sharp. 

"I've come to ask your help. Can you tell me about what happened in the lounge?" He moves forward to see me better. 

"I'm beginning to understand your actions. I too have been feeling off. A part of me wants to tell you nothing. Another wants to hurt you." His hand reaches out picking up the drink. Throwing his head back he pours it down his throat emptying it. 

"Logic is how we live in peace, Sevek. What is logical is to tell you everything, then help you to make the right choice. But I struggle to be logical when she is involved. I fear I too would wish harm on any man around her. Yet I know my logic would win out as your mind sees her as your everything." His hands hold the empty glass as he looks at it blankly. 

"The truth is T'Layah is your natural bondmate. Seeing us together was your verification of it. You two left to talk as I sat there waiting for her to come back. You were like a starved man, and she was your solace." He sets the glass down gently onto the table. 

"That's illogical T'Vara is my bondmate. The bond between me and T'Layah was severed years ago." Standing up from the couch he marches over to stand in front of me.