PART ONE

Ciao - quick point to make: when you see speech in italics, that is to imply it is in another language. If it is not in italics, it is English.
E.g. "This is an example in another language."
"This is an example in English."
Just thought to make that clear incase you get confused <3

Word count; 2,027

Valentina

Like usual, we gathered in Sascha's tea room, the heat outside already swarming every corner of the house. It was a small building really, at least from the outside. Crammed between two other old-brick and old-cement structures, almost identical. Same number of windows on the front, including one balcony with spewing vines and flowers, and the same type of French doors out back, guiding the way to another veranda which overlooked the lake. Inside, however, it seemed to never run out of rooms. Five floors, each with about four chambers. Even when there was fifteen of us, it could still fit at least ten more.

I crossed one leg over the other, leaning my calves on the chair opposite. Picking up a newspaper from the table, I scanned the headline.

"I never understand why you still read." Teo piped up from across the room, kicking a stopper beneath a French door in effort to ventilate the chamber.

I ignored the boy's comment, trying to find the noted section - a small part towards the end of the paper where citizens could announce what they like.

"Did you pick this up or was it Dorian?" - The kid who'd deliver papers sometimes.

"Dorian." Teo answered, finished with the doors and retreating towards a collection of counters. "Why?"

"It's the wrong one. It doesn't have the notes."

Teo tutted, showing no further care in the matter. I folded the newspaper back up and dropped it on the table, leaning back in my chair. My gaze fell to the doors, the landscape beyond. A flock of finches scurried across the spotless sky. Teo mimicked their chirping and I tittered, only to be interrupted by an eruption through the corridor.

"Emilia!" I reprimanded. "Have you forgotten your manners?"

The girl emerged into the tea room, bundling up her golden hair, "Forgive me, Valentina."

"Someone had an exciting night." Teo narrated, bringing two cups of coffee over to the table.

"Mm, that is just wonderful but you will wake the infants if you continue like this!" I told her.

She bowed her head, finishing up with the buttons on the front of her dress.

"Who was it?"

"Teo!" I scolded.

He giggled, "What?! I want to know!"

I rolled my eyes. Emilia stood idly, still unprepared.

"Go on, then." I smiled.

Teo cheered silently. Emilia took her place at the table, nibbling on a tea biscuit despite how brick-like they were.

"Herr Meyer." She answered Teo's inquiry, turning as he walked by. "And believe me when I say he has endless champagne."

"You should've stole some." I winked, sipping on the coffee.

"I will next time."

"There's a next time?" Teo scraped out one of the chairs, sitting swiftly.

"I will have a report by noon." Emilia looked to me, then facing Teo: "They are holding a ball tonight."

"Very well." I flashed another smile. "How many can make it?"