Chapter 18

It had been a month since the shooting. Jesse had decided to actually started working with her boss's wife. Margaret was a lovely lady. She had her own clinic and loved how personal and homey it was. She met many different celebrities in one day but they seemed to love her either way. Even if they were notorious for their anger issues they were nice towards her.

Jesse set up future appointments for them and also printed out their documents that the doctor said to give them. By the end of the day she wasn't as exhausted as she thought she would be. She enjoyed being her own boss, well in a way, and like working with other adults instead of kids. Even though she missed them a bit.

"How was your first day honey?" Margaret asked as she came out from the office filing some papers away.

"I enjoyed it a lot actually. It's a lot more different than working with kids all day. But I really did like it. Thank you and Mr. B for offering me this job" I smile at her.

"Honey I love helping people it's what I do. But when I saw you on TV, and when my husband talked about you, I knew you were something special. I had that feeling that my husband had when he first met you in that interview. And Jesse, I'm sorry about your loss. I...I know how it feels like to lose a child. I had a still born birth my first time. It scared me shitless, I thought I had done something wrong. But really there wasn't. Those things just happen" she takes my hand and I can't help but let a few tears shed.

"Thank you Margaret, that means a lot. These past two weeks have been bearable thanks to you. I couldn't go back to that school. This is like a safe haven for me" I hug her and she hugs back smiling.

Margaret and Mr. B helped her this passed month by having her move jobs quickly and letting her take the time off that she needed.

"Don't worry, just remind Erica she needs to bring her butt in here for her checkup" I let go and nodded.

"Of course I will" I told her.

"Hey I heard that!"

"Oh my, speak of the devil" Margaret said, and in came Erica.

"I am here, now do your check up so I can take this one out for dinner" and they disappeared into the room. Ten minutes later they were back out.

"Alright come on girl, were late" I grab my purse and follow Erica out.

Since Becca has been out doing her own thing I have gotten really close to Erica. Erica and Shad (bow wow) have been nothing but amazing people. Been wonderful friends and keeping me busy.

"So what is this dinner about? Shad said it was important?" she asks me and I just shrug my shoulders.

"I'm not sure exactly. Khleo didn't tell me anything." I asked but he didn't really bother telling me anything.

"It's not my birthday, or his. I don't know, maybe he just wants to have a great dinner since everything has been going so well" I tell her and she nods in agreement.

"I'm sorry about Becca. I didn't really think she would break off your guy's friendship like that"

"Yeah me too, it kind of hurts. We were friends for so long. It was her choice though, can't do anything about that" we both stay quiet for a few moments, "But I did gain a new friend. And I couldn't be happier" she grabs my hand and smiles.

"I know I am a lot to handle, but you seem to be the only one who takes my crap" and we both laugh out loud because that is so true. Erica is a feisty little ball of fire and speaks her mind. She is great if you want someone to tell the truth straight to your face. "Alright here we are" and she parks.