Chapter Three - Joint Training

The next day, all of Class 1-A met in the industrial training area from the Final Exams. As they waited for Aizawa to arrive, Class 1-B arrives.

Monoma: Let's settle this rivalry once and for all! Come, Class 1-A! Today's the day!

Deidara sighed in annoyance as Monoma went off on a rant about how Class 1-B would finally beat Class 1-A, Monoma found himself restrained by Aizawa's Combat Scarves as Aizawa, Aizawa and Vlad King entered the training grounds. 

Deidara: About time you showed up. I was starting to get a massive headache.

Vlad King: We have a special guest.

Aizawa: Try not to make a fool of yourself in front of him. 

As Aizawa said this, the students of both 1-A and 1-B were curious as to who this guest would be. It is soon revealed to be none other than Hitoshi Shinso from General Studies who is applying to transfer into the Hero Course. Shinso then approaches both classes and states his intention to give it his all despite being relatively behind everyone. Kisame couldn't help but smirk at Shinso's determination. 

Kisame: Looks like Shinso's picked up Midoriya's determination. This ought to be interesting.

Aizawa: Now that we have the introductions out of the way, let's get down to it. 

Vlad: Combat Exercises! This time around, it's a battle between Class 1-A and Class 1-B and the stage will be this section of the training field! Each side will be split up into groups of four, and one from each team will battle it out! 

Aizawa: And considering the rivalry between these classes, this is the perfect time to resolve this class rivalry more or less. The way this exercise will play out just like the Battle Trials with a little bit of adjustments. Each team shall perceive the others as Villains. Victory will go to the team who captures all members of the opposing team.

Itachi: And with the numbers between the two classes being uneven, one will have an advantage. That is unless the rules will be altered.

Aizawa: Meaning if you're on a team of five, you are still eliminated if four are captured. 

As Aizawa said that, both classes fell silent. It was clear to both classes that this Joint Training Exercise would put the skills of both classes to the test. While Class 1-A had the advantage of field work, Class 1-B was a formidable force with field experience of their own. 

Iida: We're supposed to be Heroes, and yet the other team will see us as Villains?! So which is it?! What are we?!

Yaoyorozu: I think it's fine to consider yourself a Hero.

Tetsutetsu: Nice and simple. I like it! 

Komori: They have been saying that the Villains are becoming more organized. 

Tobi: Oh boy! I can't wait! This is going to be so exciting! Don't you agree, Deidara?!

Deidara: Shut up, Tobi! Between you and Monoma, I can't tell which one of you gives me the biggest headache!

With that, Aizawa and Vlad King then have the students draw lots to create the teams. Once the lots were drawn, the teams were decided. 

Round One: Tsuyu Asui, Denki Kaminari, Eijiro Kirishima, and Koji Koda against Ibara Shiozaki, Kosei Tsuburaba, Hiryu Rin, and Jurota Shishida. 

Round Two: Momo Yaoyorozu, Fumikage Tokoyami, Toru Hagakure and Yuga Aoyama against Itsuka Kendo, Shihai Kuroiro, Manga Fukidashi and Kinoko Komori. 

Round Three: Shoto Todoroki, Mashirao Ojiro, Tenya Ida, and Mezo Shoji against Pony Tsunotori, Sen Kaibara, Juzo Honenuki, and Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu. 

Round Four: Katsuki Bakugo, Kyoka Jiro, Hanta Sero, and Rikido Sato against Yosetsu Awase, Setsuna Tokage, Kojiro Bondo, and Togaru Kamakiri. 

Round Five: Izuku Midoriya, Ochaco Uraraka, Mina Ashido, and Minoru Mineta against Neito Monoma, Yui Kodai, Nirengeki Shoda, and Reiko Yanagi.

When the teams were decided, only Shinso and the Akatsuki members were left without a team. 

Aizawa: Shinso. Go ahead and draw yours. 

As Aizawa said this, Shinso drew his numbers. Shinso would participate in the first match as a member of 1-A team. Shinso would then participate in the fifth match as a member of 1-B team.

Kisame: Guess that just leaves us.

Aizawa: Itachi, you will be paired up with Kisame and Zetsu. Deidara, you will be paired up with Tobi.

Tobi: All right! We're gonna be on a team together, Deidara!

Deidara: Kill me now.....

Kisame: Three against two? This ought to be interesting.

Vlad: We've brought another guest.

As Vlad King says this, Sasori enters the field. He was seen carrying the Third Kazekage Puppet.

Kisame: Well this just got more interesting.

Aizawa: Sasori, you'll be joining Deidara's team.

As Sasori says that, he walks over to Deidara's team. A smirk falls on his face as he now had the opportunity to face Itachi in a match, a match that was denied to him during the Sports Festival.

Kisame: Well would you look at that? Akatsuki VS Akatsuki. Who would've thought?

Aizawa: Your match will be first.

Itachi: Somehow I'm not surprised. This should be interesting to say the least.

Zetsu: Agreed.

Tobi: Oh this is going to be so much fun! I'm so excited!

With the teams decided, the stage was set. The members of the Akatsuki would compete against each other in a proxy battle between two classes. This was the opportunity to showcase what they all have learned so far from their many battles. In that moment, the Joint Training Exercises were ready to begin.