Chapter Five - Lessons Learned

After the conclusion of the first match, the Joint Training Exercise continued. The members of the Akatsuki watched as all the teams from both Class 1-A and Class 1-B gave it their all. Itachi watched with pride as both classes gave it everything they got. It was clear to the teachers that both classes had the heart and soul to fight on. Throughout the course of this exercise, the matches ended. It was a close competition between Class 1-A and Class 1-B. At the last match, Itachi got to see Midoriya and Shinso face off. During this match, Midoriya displayed what appeared to be a new move when a mysterious black power explodes out of Midoriya. At first, Midoriya seems to lose control of this new power when Ochaco and a seemingly other force. Soon enough, Team Midoriya was able to pull out the win, breaking the tie between Class 1-A and Class 1-B. When it was over, the Akatsuki spoke among themselves. 

Deidara: So Class 1-A won? Hhm.

Kisame: Better luck next time, Deidara.

Deidara: I never gave a damn about this class rivalry. All I cared about was defeating Itachi with my art.

Itachi: If it means anything, your art is becoming more and more impressive. If it weren't for my Susanoo, you might've bested me.

Deidara: Is that right? Thanks.

As the announcement was made, the students of Class 1-A cheered while many of the Class 1-B students became dejected. Soon enough, Shinso approached Aizawa and Vlad King. 

Shinso: I couldn't accomplish anything on my own. I'm still lacking. And.....this was my test for a possible transfer, right?

As Shinso said that, Vlad King was surprised at this while Aizawa showed no reaction to this. 

Vlad King: He knew?!

Shinso: It was just a guess, but given the timing and the format, this was a convenient way to test me that didn't cost me anything. Plus you let me fight twice. 

Vlad King: This one's sharp.

Itachi: It looks like there's more to Shinso than meets the eye.

Aizawa: Let's get back to the others. We still have to go over the post game analysis.

As Aizawa went over the post game analysis, Itachi could see that this exercise turned out to be more than what was planned. Not only did everyone get a second chance to see the Midoriya VS Shinso fight from the Sports Festival, but each and every one of 1-A students as well as Class 1-B performed astoundingly. But when it came to to speak to Midoriya, the new power Midoriya displayed was on everyone's minds. 

Aizawa: Want to tell us what happened back there?

Midoriya: The power welled up and I couldn't control it. It's like something I've believed in up until now all of a sudden turned on me. It...it was terrifying. But when Ochaco and Shinso tried to stop me, that helped me realize that it wasn't all bad. If Shinso hadn't used his Brainwashing to knock me unconscious, I honestly don't know what would've happened. 

As Midoriya said this, it was clear to the Akatsuki that there was something special about Midoriya's Quirk. Shinso soon spoke up. 

Shinso: I wasn't just doing it for Midoriya's sake. Ochaco gave me the order so I acted. Plus, I saw the other three getting wrecked by the black energy and realized that our team would probably lose unless I did something. I did what I did because I wanted to fight Midoriya and beat him. It only worked out that way by chance. But in the moment, I focused on myself and what I wanted.

Aizawa walks over to Shinso and scolds him on acting out of his own desires. However, he was deeply impressed by Shinso's skills. 

Zetsu: How interesting.

Tobi: Whoa! Shinso's pretty smart!

Aizawa: Indeed.

Vlad King: We've still got some deliberating to do, but as it stands, Shinso will be joining the UA Hero Course as of his second year! He's got what it takes to be everyone's equal!

As Vlad King says this, Shinso was taken aback by this. His hard work had finally paid off. He would now finally be entered into the Hero Course.

Itachi: Congratulations, Shinso.

Shinso was overcome with joy as the students from both Class 1-A and Class 1-B offered their congratulations. With that, the Joint Training Exercises were over. After that, Yaoyorozu spoke to Itachi.

Yaoyorozu: How are you, Itachi?

Itachi: A little sore, but nothing I've faced before.

Deidara: Don't think that this is over, Itachi! We'll have our match soon enough! And this time, there will be no interference! My art shall stand tall in the face of all adversary! My art will become grander than any could ever imagine. It will soon even eclipse you!

Itachi smiled as he glanced over to Deidara. He could tell that Deidara was driven to see this rivalry end. But unlike the way it initially started, it would be conducted on the grounds mutual respect.

Itachi: I'll be looking forward to that day, Deidara.

Sasori: How fascinating. I'm most interested to see how this plays out.

With that, both classes were dismissed. As all the students were heading to the Dorms, Kisame chuckled at Itachi.

Kisame: Never a dull moment for our class, eh Itachi? Seems like we're always in for some excitement.

Itachi: I'm inclined to agree. 

With that, the day ended. The Joint Training Exercises ended and all the students learned the lessons that their teachers were trying to teach. Only time would tell of how they would apply those lessons in the future.