Chapter Twelve - Deika City

As Hidan and Kakuzu moved in on Deika City, they make their way to the Valley Of Lies. Once they settle inside the Valley of Lies, they were quickly approached by a group of people. One of whom appeared to be a Pro Hero.

Pro Hero: Can I help you, mister?

Kakuzu: No.

Pro Hero: You two aren't from around here, are you?

Kakuzu: Was that so obvious? We're not looking for any trouble unless you are.

As Kakuzu said this, Kakuzu glanced around the room. He could see all the people staring at them. It was clear to Kakuzu that they were not welcome. Some of those people were making a specific gesture at them by making an L with their hands and placing the thumb on their foreheads.

Pro Hero: What brings you here?

Kakuzu: I'm looking for someone. A man named Giran.

Pro Hero: Giran? You mean the information broker? Someone like that would never be welcome in our liberated district.

Hidan: Liberated?! Ha! The only true liberation is the Way of Jashin!

Kakuzu: Quiet. Now I was told that Giran was taken to the Valley of Lies. This is the Valley of Lies, is it not?

Pro Hero: Yes.

Kakuzu: Then I suggest you hand over Giran to us, alive.

At this point, things became tense in the Valley of Lies. Hidan lets out a sadistic chuckle as he grips his Triple Bladed Scythe. Kakuzu simply sighed.

Kakuzu: The Meta Liberation Arrmy: an organization built on the ideas of Destro. The idea that the free use of Quirks is a basic Human right.

Pro Hero: I see you're well informed, stranger.

Kakuzu: When you've been around for as long as I have, you know a few things. But I didn't come here to give out a history lesson. Now I know Giran is here. Let's not waste each other's times. I don't care about the Meta Liberation Army....not yet anyway.

Pro Hero: I'm going to have to ask you to leave, mister. These people....don't take kindly to outsiders sticking their noses in places that they don't belong.

Upon hearing this veiled threat, Kakuzu realized that this conversation was going nowhere. Without saying a word, Kakuzu got up from his seat and walked to the exit.

Hidan: Where the hell are you going, Kakuzu?! Don't tell me that these assholes got you scared!

Kakuzu said nothing as he walked up to the door and locks it. Kakuzu then turns his attention to the Pro Hero and the rest of the crowd. After a moment of silence, Kakuzu glances over to Hidan.

Kakuzu: You wanted your sacrifices, Hidan? Now you got them. I'll take the....Pro Hero. I'm sure he'll have the information I need.

With a wicked smile, Hidan grips his Triple Bladed Scythe and gets up from his seat. Without warning, Hidan begins killing the people in the building. They attempt to defend themselves, but were helpless against the crazed Jashinist. The Pro Hero was shocked by this.

Kakuzu: You should've told me what I needed to know. Even Hell runs on money.

As Kakuzu said this, the Pro Hero attacks Kakuzu with a Blast Quirk, but Kakuzu easilly dodges the attacks. Kakuzu then uses his Earth Grudge Fear Quirk to snarl the Pro Hero with tendrils. He then uses his Lightning mask to shock the Pro Hero. The Pro Hero was quickly subjugated. At the same time, Hidan killed the last of the people in the Valley of Lies. He takes a moment to relish on the bloodshed.

Hidan: Accept these sacrifices in your name, Lord Jashin.....

Kakuzu: Are you quite finished, Hidan?

Hidan: Yeah. So what do we do about this asshole?

Kakuzu then turns his attention to the Pro Hero.

Kakuzu: Where is Giran?

Pro Hero: I've got nothing to say to you!

Kakuzu: You're beginning to try my patience.

Hidan: You're clearly wasting your time here, Kakuzu! I saw we just waste him and tear the whole fucking city apart!

Kakuzu: We know the Meta Liberation Army has plans to bring Giran to Re-Destro. Why would the new leader of the Meta Liberation Army be interested in an information broker. Unless.....

As Kakuzu said this, he grabs the Pro Hero by the throat. He gestures to Hidan who thrusts a Retractable Spear into the Pro Hero's shoulders, pinning him to the wall. Hidan cackles at the Pro Hero's pain.

Kakuzu: You're using Giran as bait. To lure out the League of Villains, aren't you?

The Pro Hero fell silent. That silence was all Kakuzu needed.

Kakuzu: Hidan. We're finished here. I'm going to call this in. Finish him off and be quick about it.

Hidan: With pleasure!

With that, Hidan proceeds to kill the Pro Hero while Kakuzu calls Nagato.

Nagato(Phone): What is it, Kakuzu?

Kakuzu: We're in Deika City. It looks like the Meta Liberation Army is looking to lure the League of Villains out to destroy them.

Nagato(Phone): Are you certain?

Kakuzu: Positive.

Nagato(Phone): I'll gather the rest of the Akatsuki and we'll head there immediately.

Kakuzu: Hidan and I will be waiting in the Valley of Lies. You might want to make your entrance quiet. This city is under the control of the Meta Liberation Army.

Nagato(Phone): We appreciate the heads up. Sit tight.

With that, Kakuzu and Hidan settled into the Valley of Lies while they waited for the rest of the Akatsuki to arrive. In that moment, the entire Akatsuki would converge on Deika City, not knowing what awaited them in Deika City.