18 - Liar Liar

I backed up against the wall, getting away from Mikey. Him and I stood staring at each other at a loss for words. Neither of us could just explain why we just kissed each other. It all just happened so suddenly and just- what the actual fuck had I just done!?

"I- I gotta go," I stammered out, reaching for the bathroom door handle. To my surprise, Mikey stepped in front of me to block my only way to escape.

"Are you gonna tell Gerard...?" He sounded petrified.

"I don't know!" I started to panic and began raising my voice. "I really don't think he'd take it well considering, you know- I FUCKING KISSED HIS BROTHER. He's gonna fucking hate me for the rest of my life!"

"Well he's gonna hate me more! I kissed you back and I wasn't even drunk!"

I groaned, pounding my fists against his chest- barely enough to hurt him though considering I couldn't even really stand on my own at that point.

"Why'd you have to kiss me back?! That makes it even worse! What were you thinking Mikey?!"

I could feel Mikey was starting to tremble slightly underneath where my fists rested on his chest, "Why are you trying to put the blame on me! I've never kissed someone before! I could barely process what was happening and I wasn't even thinking about how it was you kissing me and- I'm just stressed out from this whole party!"

I leaned back against the wall, trying to calm myself down. Mikey stood nervously twiddling around with his thumbs, not daring to look at me anymore. There was an awkward silence filling the air.

"Listen, I spoke up eventually, maybe we can figure something out... we just have to keep this a secret-" I began.

I was cut off however, as there was an abrupt knocking coming from the other side of the door. Mikey and I froze in place within a second.

"Frank? Mikey? Are one of you guys in there? Is everything alright?"

Fuck. It was Ray.

I could only hope and pray that he had not overheard our conversation, or else we were doomed...

Mikey looked from the door to me, and back at the door again. He seemed hesitant about opening it. I raised a finger to my lips, reminding him to not say anything. He nodded and slowly, he turned the handle, revealing Ray standing on the other side of the door, looking rather worried.

"Oh! There you guys are," he sighed with relief, "I was starting to think you two ditched your own birthday party! It's been getting more and more out of hand and-"

Ray's expression changed. He looked at both of us, before pointing a finger loosely at us. He seemed to be in thought.

"Why were you guys up here alone in the bathroom together?" He asked.

Suddenly, another voice interjected before either of us could answer, "Yeah, weren't you supposed to be with you parents tonight?"

From behind the door, to my complete surprise, walked out Professor Way. He immediately crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow at me.

We were fucked. Absolutely fucked.

Mikey's soul seemed to have left his body, as he wouldn't speak a word. I figured that meant I was going to have to do the explaining. And by explaining, I meant I was going to have to come up with a whole elaborate string of lies.

I smiled innocently, trying to looked as though I was completely relaxed, "Oh hey guys! Mikey and I came up here to talk. The party was getting a little too crazy, you know?"

They both seemed to be satisfied by this simple answer, which meant they hopefully weren't suspecting anything about us having been kissing each other only moments prior. Still, my heart felt as if it was going to explode out of my chest from how hard it was beating. I still had to explain why I was at this huge party and not celebrating my birthday with my parents who supposedly came into town just to see me. Unfortunately though, I couldn't really come up with much of an excuse...