Chapter 1

The sound of crashing metal woke me up. I looked around frantically trying to find a way out of the caged box I was in. It just kept going up and didn't stop. "Help me!" As soon as the box stopped a bright light blinded me. I heard a thud and a thick British accent
"It's a girl" I looked at the voice and saw a boy maybe 17 with shaggy dirty blonde hair. "Well yeah" I spit back sarcastically. Behind him I heard people murmuring
"What does she look like?"
"Is she hot?"
"I call dibs!"
"How old is she?"
I looked back up at the boy in the cage with me "Who are you? Where am I!"
Another boy with his face covered in freckles tried calming me down "don't touch me!" I screamed. I scooted as far away from the boy as possible. "Hey calm down" he tried to put out his hand and I shove it away. "Listen here you shank I don't know who the hell you think you are but-" I was interrupted by a boy with an accent. "Hey Gally. Let me handle this" a boy from the group said. The boy called Gally backed away and climbed out of the box just as another boy scooted closer. I noticed his brown eyes and shaggy hair ,something about him seemed familiar. "Can you tell me your name?" He asked me like I would break at any second. "Of course I remember my name it's-" I started but then I had to think about it. "Why can't I remember my name!" The boy put his hand on my shoulder to try and calm me down "hey. Shhh. It's ok. It'll come back to you in a few days" I looked at him and then at the boys behind him. He followed my gaze, looked back at me, and then looked back at the boys "Hey can you guys give us a minute?" A few boys looked annoyed but then they reluctantly all started walking away. The boy helped me up and carried me out of the box. He put me down on the ground and I immediately looked around. "I'm Newt" the boy said beside me. It looked like a big green field surrounded by big stone walls. "Welcome to the Glade"