Chapter 24

Due to the drama after Minho's words, Gally starts yelling again. Thomas, looks like he's going to pass out and I think I might as well.
"Look, if you wanna throw the Newbie a parade, that's fine." Gally states. "Go ahead! But if there is one thing I know about the maze, it's that you do not-" a horrible alarm cuts Gally's words off and everyone's eyes widen. Gally and Newt share a worried look before leaving the hut. Thomas and I get up, following Newt quickly to the box.
"Okay, I know that sound." Thomas says and I nod my head in agreement.
"The box is coming back up." Chuck explains.
"Again?" Minho adds. Gally and Newt are now running to the box, and I sprint after them, wanting to know what's going on. Gally and Newt open the box, and look inside to see our supplies inside.
"Why would the alarm go off if there isn't a Greenie inside?" I question Newt. "When there's only supplies, the alarm doesn't go off, does it?"
"No..." Newt swallows. "No, it doesn't." he jumps down into the box and looks around before picking up something it his hand. It's a piece of paper.
"What does it say?" Frypan asks. Newt opens it and reads the note out loud for all of us to hear.
"She was the last one... ever." Newt tells us, looking up at me. Every single person in the Glade now stares at me, making my head spin with confusion.
"Thomas..." I whisper before dots fill my vision and I feel myself falling.

Thomas's POV
Kaya falls over and Minho and I quickly catch her body, lowering it to the grass so that she doesn't hurt herself.
"You still think I'm overreacting?" Gally questions, but nobody replies.
"Alright, everyone get the supplies out of the box. Jeff, Thomas, come with me. Bring the girl." Jeff nods and I pick up Kaya, putting one of my arms under he knees and the other around her waist. After carrying her to the med-jack hut, Minho, Newt and I look at the passed out girl, nervously.
"What's wrong with her?" Newt asks Jeff, biting his lip worriedly.
"I think she just passed out from too much stress or panic." Jeff explains. "She should wake up anytime soon."
"Thanks." Newt pats Jeff on the back and turns to me. "Do you have any idea what could be going on?"
"What?" I ask, shocked. "No. No! I have no clue what's going on, I swear."
"Alright." Newt nods. "Jeff, have someone watch her every minute of every hour, okay? Tell me as soon as she wakes up. Maybe she remembers something."