Chapter 11

My eyes snap open at the sound of someone whimpering, my own dream not in my memory at all. It was strange - I could feel myself there. I knew what was happening. But the second I opened my eyes, anything I wanted to remember fell out of my grasp. Sitting up on my bed, I look over at Thomas's hammock, to see him writhing and kicking around, sweating as he breathes heavily. Quickly, I throw the covers off by body and make my way to Thomas's hammock.
"Thomas?" I ask, tapping his arm a little sheepishly. "Tommy, wake up!" I say, shaking him by his shoulders.
"JANE!" he whisper-shouts before sitting up and awakening. His eyes scan the room before they land on me as he breathes heavily. "Kaya?"
"Are you okay?" I question, pushing his slightly damp hair away from his forehead.
"I-I don't know." He admits, still shaking a little.
"Who's Jane?" I ask, earning a confused glance from Thomas.
"Jane?" he echoes.
"Yeah. Before you woke up, you just yelled out Jane and then you woke up." I inform him.

"Oh. I-I don't remember my dream." He confesses. Join the club, buddy!
"That's fine. Are you feeling okay?" I ask, watching Thomas with concern. After a short pause, Thomas nods his head, a little hesitant. "Okay. Go back to sleep." I turn around to walk away but Thomas catches my wrist, making me turn back to face him.
"Can you stay with me?" he whispers, looking like a small child, with his big, worried eyes and frightened expression.
"Sure." I agree, squeezing his hand a little. "I just don't think they'll be enough spa-" Thomas cuts me off by pulling my body on top of his. I gasp a little, steadying myself before trying to move my weight off of him.
"You weight nothing." He mumbles, hugging my body. After a moment, I settle in his arms and rest my head in the area between his neck and shoulder.
"Are we ever getting out of here?" he inquires, his voice less worried than before.
"We will." I tell him. "It's a maze. There's a way out. There has to be, Tom."
"I just don't understand anything."
"I don't understand anything either. I've been here barely 3 days." I remind him. Thomas slides closer to me and after a moment, he hesitantly kisses my temple. "Sleep." Is all I say, before we both fall back into peaceful slumber.

Giggling. That's all I can hear. Further giggling, and what sounds like somebody 'Shhhhh'ing the giggler.
"What are you doing?" I hear someone mutter sleepily, his voice quite close to me. I know it's a he because I'm the only girl here. It takes me a moment to register that I'm in Thomas's hammock, wrapped in his arms tightly. Thomas's grip tautens slightly, and I notice it was indeed Thomas speaking in the first place.
"Well, we were looking for the girl Greenie." I recognize the accent immediately, and know that it's Newt talking. "But she wasn't in her and hammock. So, we went on a little hunt. And guess where we found her?" There is a short moment of silence and I can practically hear Newt grinning. "Go on, guess."
"Shut it, shuck-face." Thomas mutters, still not letting go of me.
"Alright. You wake her up then, okay? Just - give her some food and let her take a shower. Guard the door somehow. You all need to get back to job hunting." Newt explains, followed by a grunt from Thomas After a while, hear the door close and I relax a little snuggling closer to Thomas.
"Kaya?" my eyes open again and I see Thomas standing in front of me, shaking me awake.
"Hmmm?" I mumble, blinking slowly.
"Time to get up: day two."