Chapter 4

Nobody's POV:

It was the middle of spring, and Paris looked like something out of a fairytale. Flowers were blooming everywhere you looked and the sky was a beautiful baby blue, dotted with a couple of clouds here and there. You could even hear the birds chirping with their newborn chicks. Everything was perfect.

Marinette wished she could be outside. But instead, she was stuck inside her stupid classroom, listening to her stupid classmates talk about the most stupid things that were completely untrue, just a glass window away from happiness. But that was school, and all Marinette could do was wait as the time ticked away so she could escape this hellhole. 

Of course, she had her four best friends, but it was hard to talk when the entire class and teacher hated them, and anytime they said anything at a normal speaking level Lila would somehow be offended, even if they were talking about the most random topics. Marinette glanced at the clock above the door and sighed happily when she saw that they only had five minutes left of class. 

Just at that moment, Miss Bustier stood up, finally putting her phone down and actually paying attention to the class. "Students, can I have your attention please?" she called. Once she had everybody's eyes on her she continued "I have an announcement to make. Mr. Bruce Wayne has finally come to a decision about the contest, and I am very happy to tell you all that... WE HAVE WON!".

The entire class gasped and erupted into cheers. Everyone was so happy, especially MG. This meant a new start for them, away from Lila, and they could finally live in peace. Lila too was happy and cheered along with the rest of the class. But inside, she was plotting ways to trap the Waynes in her lies too. It would mean she would be invincible. She could even try to get the youngest son, Damien to like her. It would secure a fantastic future for her, full of wealth, partying, and fame.

The whole of MG ran to each other and had a massive group hug, and a few tears were even shed. This was the best news they had gotten since Shadowmoth's defeat. But of course, it had to be interrupted by a winey, high-pitched voice, belonging to a certain b*tch. 

"Oh, my Damiboo must have convinced his father to let us come because we all know that there's no way Marinette's essay would have ever won on its own!" Lila boasted, a huge fake smile plastered on her face. All her sheep nodded in agreement and turned their attention to Lila. "Hey, do you think that you could get me an interview with Louis Lane and Clark Kent, they live in Gotham too!" Alya pleaded. (And yes I know they don't actually live there, but it just makes the story easier so just go with it :) ). "Well of course Alya, and I know some of you have spoken about your other idols and I'll see if I can get in touch, but I should be able to help most of you!" the lying fox blabbered, before continuing to promise a heap of amazing things to all her classmates, excluding MG. 

Of course, they would never happen, but she would simply make up another lie when the time came so that it would never be her fault. Because of course, she would do everything she could, but the celebrities would of course stab her in the back or be too busy, and then she would sob about her ruined friendship, and all the attention would be back on her. Just how she liked it. The whole class was screaming their heads off at these empty promises, and MG could only snicker from the back, watching as their mindless classmates screamed and jumped around like a pack of apes.

"Now class, settle down, there's no need to make such a ruckus." Miss Bustier soothed. The class, after a couple of minutes, finally settled down and sat back at their desks. "Now we will be leaving on Saturday morning so that we arrive in time to get settled for the week ahead. So that leaves three days to pack, as it is Wednesday today, so make sure you are organized and pack enough for our month-long tour. As our flight leaves at 8 in the morning, we will meet her at the school at 6 am, so we can get a bus to the airport, go through security, and board. Our flight is roughly 8 hours, so it should be 10 am in Gotham time by when we get there. Make sure you wake up nice and early and don't leave all of your packing until the last minute. Pack enough clothing and other supplies to last for the entire month. Some of you may need to set multiple alarms to make sure that you wake up on time because some people have a history of being late." the carrot-haired teacher explained. Marinette rolled her eyes at her teacher's condescending implication.