Chapter 5

Okk just to let yk there are two types of brackets. One is me stating something, and the other is part of the story or story info. I'll make the ones written from my perspective in bold so you can tell. Sorry if you got confused.

Also, Andre is  KING

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

It was their last day in Paris, and Marinette was stressed.

Almost everything she owned was packed away. Her clothes and essential items were neatly folded and placed inside several suitcases, which would hopefully last her the first month in Gotham, and everything else had been sealed up in a storage container that would arrive during their second week in Gotham. Many pieces of large furniture that were too difficult to take and other items she did not need had been taken up to auction, which went quite well in her opinion. Although of course, she had no need for the extra money, so she had donated it to multiple charities, which were all extremely thankful. But that was not what was causing her stress. You see, Marinette had only ever ventured outside of Paris twice to sightsee; she visited Shanghai and saw her Uncle Wang and had become a sisterly figure to Fei Wu (Ladydragon), and New York on a school trip where she met the New York heroes. Of course, she had gone to many other countries for business deals and tours as Nettie, but during those time she never stayed for more than a few days or got to sightsee.

So, as Marinette walked to Andre the Ice-cream man with her friends, for the last time until who knows when she tried to soak everything in. The sounds, the smells, the views, and the general feel of her beautiful city. Her city was her home, and she wanted to remember it the best she could.

She soaked in the beautiful orange sky, dappled with clouds as the sun set beside the pretty Parisian buildings. She listened peacefully to the quiet chatter of people on the streets, and the chugging of cars that occasionally passed them by the sidewalk. She scanned her eyes over the uneven grey cobblestones beneath her feet. She took in everything she could - she wanted to remember it all.

For a brief moment, Marinette closed her eyes, still walking, using her ladybug senses of course so she doesn't run into a pole. She basked the serenity of the chitter-chatter of her friends, the singing of birds, and- "OMG MARINETTE ARE YOU STALKING ME!?"

Well shit. That b*tch had to ruin everything, didn't she?

Marinette quickly opened her eyes to find herself and her friends face to face with Lila and her little minions. Kim, Alya, Nino, Max, Rose, Juleka, Nathaniel, Sabrina, Ivan, Mylene and Alec were all standing there scowling at them. The two groups were all standing just before The Pont des Arts (the lock bridge where Kim got brutally rejected by Chloe. I looked it up cuz I'm so committed) on which Andre's stand was parked.  It seemed like they had the same idea of going to Andres too. Dammit. "No Lila, we were just minding our own business going to get some ice cream. We had no idea you were going too," she explained, using the same soft, soothing voice one would use on a misbehaving child who didn't get to stay up late with their older siblings. Of course, Lila used this as her cue to bring out the waterworks. "No, you guys' Marinette must have stalked me and known I was coming here so she came too so she could bully me!" she wailed and dived onto Adrien's shoulder bawling. Marinette wished she had her phone on to snap a pic because the look on Adrien's face was priceless. Damn that would have been great blackmail material. He was absolutely mortified; Marinette couldn't help but snicker quietly. But not quietly enough obviously for Lila and her non-tinnitus ears to pick up. Her snickering only made Lila cry harder, as she wept about how they were now laughing at her. Adrien shoved her off scowling, which made Lila's petite mind confused. "Adri-boo, aren't you going to defend me from these bullies?" she sniffled. Adrien groaned and rolled his eyes, "Shove off Lila, they didn't do anything. We just wanted ice cream, so go get your own and leave us alone.". Lila gasped and began crying uglily again. Alya wrapped her arm around her to comfort her, glowering at Adrien. "You made her cry again you monster," she exclaimed. "Come on Lila, let's go," she said calmingly. But Lila shook her head, wanting a bit more of the spotlight. "No, I won't let them frighten me out of getting ice cream before we leave. Besides, I haven't been to Andre's before, so I want to see who my soulmate is."