Chapter 9

The morning of their trip was filled with buzzing excitement, whilst Kagami and Marinette were eager to see the Natural History Museum, Luka, Choe Adrien were not so keen. Regardless, their enthusiasm was infectious, and soon the rest of the group were also thrilled.

The Natural History Museum was a large and bulky building, it reflected much of Gotham's drab architecture and mirrored the monotone weather. Small groups of people milled the cobblestone street, and steady hum of chatter filled the air.

The overcast sky and antique building created an atmosphere that could be described as gothic, much to Lila's chagrin.

"I just think that they shouldn't have flown us out here at the worst time of year," Lila wailed, flapping her arms wildly as their SUV neared the Museum.

"The pressure in this car combined with the weather is making my tinnitus act up so bad!" she cried, clutching her right ear in 'pain'. "Oh, if only Marinette hadn't taken my Limo, my right ear wouldn't be in so much pain" she complained, "I'm sure that she knew this would happen, she probably even did it on purpose!".

Upon hearing Lila's outburst, her friends decided that they must get Lila the Limo – it would surely help Lila's tinnitus, and she deserved it - after all, it was because of her 'connections' that they won this trip in the first place.

Meanwhile, Marinette and her friends had just exited the limousine in which they had travelled in, after bidding a thankful farewell to their driver. The teen group gazed up at the Museum in awe, its architectural design impressing even those who lacked interest in such matters.

Just then, another limousine pulled up, and out stepped a casually dressed Damien Wayne, and Tim Drake. They looked around, saw the teens, and quickly headed over to them.

"Hello, are you Marinette Stone?" Tim asked, looking at Kagami. They had decided that they would pretend to not know, as it would be somewhat suspicious if they already knew the faces of people they had not yet met.

Kagami hid her smirk, and instead replied "No, I'm Kagami Tsurugi. This is Marinette", motioning towards her similarly raven-haired friend.

"Oh, my apologies," Tim smiled, "My name is Tim Drake, this is Damien Wayne, and we will be your class's tour guides".

It was at that moment that three metallic SUVs pulled up on the road beside them. The doors opened, and Lila emerged, a devious look on her face. However, as soon as she turned towards her fellow classmates, and Ms Bustier, who had also exited the vehicle, her smirk transformed into a look of misery and pain.

"Hey, just a heads up, I wouldn't tell them your last names. Lila is supposedly 'dating' Damien." Adrien warned.

The bewildered faces of Damien and Tim would have made them laugh, if it were not for the compulsive liar making her way towards them.

"Lila?" Damien questioned.

"Sausage haired brunette, in the middle" Marinette pointed, making Damien smile bitterly - well almost.

Lila continued to weakly limp (don't ask why) towards them, supported by her entourage.

Once the class were within metres of the group, they bombarded Marinette with vicious insults and Lila's tedious complaints.

"How could you be so cruel!"