Chapter 6

Ok, I need to ask you guys, do you like when I put pics or not? Cuz I don't really care, as it saves me explaining the outfits, but I won't do it if you don't like it. I only need like 1 person to comment on their thoughts and I'll go by that. If nobody says anything, I won't put in the photos. So please just say if you like it or not 😊.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

"MARINETTE AKUMA!".

Marinette sprung out of bed, "Where? Who? Wait a second-"

Tikki giggled softly, zooming in and hugging Marinette's cheek in a warm greeting. Marinette sighed and rolled her eyes, realising that there was no Akuma, and that Tikki had said that to wake her. Although Marinette knew Tikki meant no harm by this, she couldn't help but shudder at the painful memories that were brought back from her quick reflexes. Memories of terrible Akumas that had killed thousands, millions even, and it was up to her to reverse it. She had carried the weight of the literal world on her shoulders, and it had taken its toll. Memories of blood and destruction, of those she cared for dying, time and time again, flashed through her mind. Her quick reflexes had become crucial when Hawkmoth started to create Akumas in the middle of the night.

When Tikki saw the torment in Marinettes eyes, she hugged her tighter and apologised profusely. Of course, Marinette told her not to worry, brushing it off with a smile. She didn't want Tikki to see how much she was really hurting inside. Although she had had almost year to get over the many years of trauma, nightmares still plagued her sleep, which panic and anxiety attacks almost a weekly occurrence. With her ladybug senses, it was hard for people to sneak up on her or scare her, but extremely loud sounds and sudden close movements still make her flinch. The akumas had not had a good effect on her mental health, but nobody knew the full extent, not even Tikki. She hadn't wanted to burden anyone, and she was almost embarrassed of this weakness. (It is not a weakness or a burden, that is just how she views it. If you are suffering, please do not think this and get help. I do not agree with her pov It is simply for the purpose of the story). Tikki only knew of her nightmares, which she woke her up from often. The many nightmares had led to Marinette becoming a sort of insomniac. So, instead of sleeping, many nights she stayed up, designing, writing song lyrics, and doing schoolwork. However, this caused dark circles to form under her eyes, which she covered daily with make-up. Coffee was her savior, as there was no way she ever could have managed through the days without it.

Marinette begrudgingly got up and changed into the clothes she had left on her bedside table. As she had already packed all her things into suitcases, she had left out one comfortable outfit to wear on the plane. She had chosen a simple white tank top and baggy blue jeans, topped with a cropped black sweater. She pulled on her Doc Marten boots and walked to the bathroom, doing her basic morning routine. When she exited the bathroom, she grabbed a small black backpack and headed downstairs to the kitchen.

When she arrived at the kitchen, she began to make ten croissants, two for each member of her family. Thankfully, she had requested that Tikki woke her up a couple of hours early, so she would have plenty of time to get ready and say goodbye to her parents. (Btw I'm going to refer to Jagged and Penny (who are engaged btw) as her parent's cuz since she was adopted by them she thinks of them as her parents).

Of course, they had cooks to make food for them, but it was nowhere as delicious as Marinette's. After growing up in a bakery, she had memorised the method and ingredients of a multitude of delicious treats.

Once she had molded the dough into the correct shape and put the lot into the oven, she skipped upstairs to wake her brothers. First, she went to Adrien's room, where she knocked harshly on his door repeatedly, yelling at him to get up, until he finally dragged himself out of bed and unlocked the door. "Hurry up! I have made croissants and if you are not down soon you will not get ANY!" she ordered. At this, he nodded quickly and ran back into his room to get changed; Marinette's croissants were godly, and he wouldn't miss the chance to eat them. Marinette did the same for Luka, and her parents, before heading back downstairs into their living room. There, she turned on the news, and to her disgust, there Lila was, having an exclusive interview with Nadja Chamack. Thankfully, Nadja knew Marinette and was on her side. But her bosses weren't, and thus must have made her do this interview. Marinette turned the volume up, eager to listen to the ridiculous lies she was spreading. And no, this was not because she was concerned, it was because the lies were usually so outlandish that watching people fawn over her was hilarious. In most sitcoms, there is usually one dumb friend who knew nothing, but when watching Lila and her posse, they all were idiot friends, which was very amusing. Of course, that was only when they were dumb lies, like riding on magic carpets with Prince Ali. When they were somewhat believable, about people they knew, or horrible ones about Marinette, they angered MG instead.