die pod! ||

I got the the school and found my way to the computer lab when I saw the hallway with a green hue. I ran to the lab when I saw the whole room covered in vines.

"No no no!" I shouted. Ethan, Benny and Rory looked at me.

"Don't worry the download it almost done!" Rory smiled.

"Ok I tried looking up angry tree online because we shouldn't touch these computers!" Benny hinted at Rory.

"We'll do it from my place." Ethan suggested.

"What about her?" Benny questioned.

"I don't think we should move her until we know what's going on. The weed killer didn't go over so well." Ethan answered.

"You sprayed her with weed killer?!" I shouted.

"Should we call a doctor? Gardener? Cable guy?" Benny brainstormed.

"Couldn't you guys water her and make sure she gets enough sun?" Rory says.

"Ill keep an eye on her. You guys go." I suggested sadly.

"Ok. Rory we said don't touch it!" Ethan yelled.

"Don't worry about me. Im a big, bad, bloodsucking vampire. I can look out for myself." Rory goes back to typing.

"Ill watch him too. We'll be fine." I tell the boys and they run out. Rory then turned to me.

"You look... really pretty." Rory complimented me.

"Thanks, I'm on a date." I played with my skirt nervous.

"I-i was really nervous about asking you. A-and its really lame to have a first date at a school." Rory admitted.

"Its a start. I don't care though. I just like spending time with you." I told him. He then started to float a little. I laughed slightly. He snapped out of it and shook his head.

"Like I said its not done downloading yet but-" just then the computers started going haywire.

"What's happening?" I panicked.

"Ew!" I heard from behind me. We turned around to see the plant girl get up and run out.

"Well, uh, she seems better." Rory shrugged. The computer Rory was downloading the video off of pinged meaning it was done. "Awesome it's finished!" Rory turned back and pressed a few keys. An image of a branch growing appeared on all the screens.

"Rory?" I wavered.

"What's going on? This isn't a Single Tear video I've ever seen before. Goodbye, evil screensaver." Rory states. "Nobody can save you from "Lord of the Power Button!""

"Rory, no!" I went to stop him but I spoke to late. The vines started going crazy and started to grab Rory and pull him. I grabbed his hand to pull him back. "Thi sumera sol!" I blasted the vines but it wasn't enough. One of the vines swung and hit me. I hit the wall and was knocked out.

"Hey hey. Lexa. Lexa, wake up." I hear Benny.

"What?" I asked confused.

"The tree took over Rory. Come on." Benny explained. He helped me stand up and I looked at Rory.

"Ror..." I trailed off. "I-i tried using my light spell but it wasn't enough."

"This things mostly computer now so it's not like killing a plant anymore. It was a good try though, Lex." Ethan said. I nodded.

"Smashing works on almost everything." Sarah says.

"Im with her." Benny agreed.

"Wait! If its half computer half tree, maybe a virus can infect its system and take this thing down." Ethan plumed out his computer.

"Where do you just get a computer virus?" Benny asked still wacking the vines.

"Just cover me!" Ethan yelled.

"With what?" Benny yelled back.

"Just don't hurt him." I asked Ethan. He nodded back then got to work.

"You're parasites!" "Rory" yelled.

"Im gonna shut you down!" Ethan taunted.

"I will not be destroyed! I will build a new force fertilized by human souls." the tree growled.

"Hey, tree boy! Get ready to be "nick rolled"." Ethan pushed the final button and and the lights started flickering.

"No! No!" The tree yelled and let Rory drop. I ran to him and I fell to my knees.

"Rory! Rory are you ok?" I asked frantically.

"Dria! I had the weirdest dream. I was made out of carrots snd I got "nick rolled"." Rory told me. "Hey what happened to your head?"

"Nothing." I shook off. "Are you ok?" I noticed the other three left.

"I'm fine. You're bleeding." Rory sat up.

"And you just got possessed but a tree." I retorted.

"Not anymore. You're still bleeding. Come on." He hopped up and helped me stand. He took me to the bathroom. "Wait out here." He told me than sped into the bathroom. He came out and handed me a wet paper towel.

"Here put this on your head. Ok now lets get you home." He grabbed my hand.

"Wait. Didn't the video finish downloading? Let's finish this date." I smiled.

"Ar-are you sure?" He asked.

"I'm sure." I smiled. So we went back into the computer lab and watched the video. I ended up liking it which made Rory very happy.

The next day we met the gang outside. Erica walked up to us. I linked my arm with Rory's

"Do you have my Single Tear DVD?" She asked.

"Right here." He held it up but took it back when she got close. "Not so fast. What I was almost plant food, you took off to save yourself." Rory said. This must've happened when I was knocked out.

"Whatever. Just give it to me." She asked.

"No!" Rory put his foot down. Benny gave him a thumbs up and I shook his arm with a smile.

"Please." she switched to being sweet.

"Ok, fine." He handed it to her. She grabbed it and walked away with Sarah.

"You almost stood up to her this time." Benny deflated.

"Yeah. Key word almost." I hung my head.

"Baby steps, guys." Rory finished. 

Authors note!!! 

uploading this from my class! sorry its so short!