jesse's girl

"Of course, the one time we get free pizza is when your mom is treating us." Benny whined.

"You could be a little more grateful, Benny." I crossed my arms.

"The guy has two minutes and 49 seconds." Ethan shrugged.

"Pfft! Zero chance in that rust bucket." Benny started. "Which reminds me limo or jet pack?"

"What?" Ethan says.

"Excuse me?" I questioned.

"Our ride to the Fly Off to the Moon dance. You know my pick, but do you think the chicks and Rory will dig a stretch?" Benny explained.

"What chicks?" "What Rory? He hasn't asked." Ethan and I spoke in unison.

"Oh. Well, jet pack it is." benny shrugged.

"Guys, I think I'm out." Ethan shrunk a little.

"What?" I turned to the boy.

"We've gotta go." Benny stood up. "Party. Possible chicks. Jet packs."

"I don't know." Ethan shrugged. "Ever since we dug up the Cubile Animus and you and Sarah got possessed and trashed the house," Ethan looked at me, I put my hands up in defense. " I've kind of felt like laying low."

"You can lay low when you're dead." Benny tilted his head.

"Benny!" I shouted.

"What? These are the best years of our lives." He held his hands out.

"Really?" Ethan gave him a look.

"Yeah, I really hope not." Benny sat back down.

"Add another name to the Whitechapel's list of missing persons. Who is it? Stand by." The news caster spoke from the television.

"Missing persons? How about my missing pizza?" Benny complained.

"Have you no respect Benny?" I turned to my brother.

"Im calling it in." He pointed at me then grabbed his phone off the table. The rest of the night was filled with waiting and silence.

"That pizza place owes us big time." Benny complained yet again as we walked down the hallway

"Oh my gosh." I face palmed.

"Give it up." Ethan groaned.

"Oh come on guys, we were stood up. Now I have a gaping pizza-sized hole right there." My brother pointed to his heart.

"Hey guys! Hey gorgeous! You two hooked up for the Fly Off to the Moon dance?" Rory turned his attention to the boys as I hugged him. We all kept walking as Rory kept his arm around me.

"Pfft! This guys going stag. Gotta keep my options open, you know." Benny bragged.

"That or every girl he asked rejected him." I grinned.

"Ha, loser." Rory chuckled.

"Anyways," benny gritted at Rory then turned to Ethan. "You should as Sarah."

"Wha-" Ethan started.

"I did that math. You've got like, a one-in-2173 chance she'll say yes." Benny said.

"Those aren't good odds Benny." Ethan shook his head.

"I say go for it Ethan. You won't know till you try." I encouraged him. The bell then rang and Ethan and Benny waved goodbye.

"Hey I gotta ask you something." Rory dragged me over to his locker. "Ok just hold on. Close your eyes." He opened his locker and I did as told then he pulled something out. "Ok open." When I did I saw Rory holding an orchid in front of my face.