Chap 18 - I'd Do Anything

Y/N's POV

I sit up in my bed stretching my arms above my head waking up to another day of winter games. After getting back to the cabin I spent a lot of time with Sohinki because he was being fairly clingy -which I didn't mind- but I was fairly certain it had something to do with Shayne and I. It's the downside of knowing each other so well, that he could read me like a book, although at least knowing him so well meant him reacting this way at least wasn't a surprise. 

I couldn't fully comprehend why he acted the way he did, I understood he was protective of me after all I've been through but this had to mean he didn't trust Shayne or I, and both implications of that stung. How could he not trust his sister and one of his friends, I couldn't understand but I knew I couldn't push it will we were still at Winter Games, telling him about the relationship will have to wait.

I glance around the room seeing I am the only one awake, I pick up my phone reading the time as 6:17am. Even though we didn't need to be awake until 9am I push myself out of bed knowing at this stage I couldn't get back to sleep. I trudge downstairs making my way into the kitchen to see Sohinki leaning over the counter with a coffee infront of him. "Morning bro." I say as I walk into the room heading over to the coffee machine.

He raises his head after hearing my voice smiling when he sees me. "Morning Y/N/N." He turns around leaning his back on the counter to face me. "Sleep well? You must've had a long day yesterday dealing with Wes and his chocolate high." 

I swallow a lump in my throat turning around to face the coffee machine so he can't read my face. "Yeah I did sleep alright but you know how Wes is, I think I'm learning how to control him." I try to stop my voice from shaking because I know he is searching for something, it scares me that he knows more than he lets on. I look over my shoulder to see him shrug as he takes another sip of his coffee. 

"I don't think you can ever control Wes on a chocolate high." He adds with a chuckle, I smile to myself shaking my head knowing that is the truth. I finish making my coffee turning around to look at him properly, smiling brightly at me. I hope to myself that he is done with this question but that hope is quickly dashed when I see a flicker of determination in his face. "Please tell me you won your snowball fight at least, a hyperactive Wes and a Sohinki, that sounds like a winning team to me, Sohinki's don't lose." He adds the last bit with a smirk. 

I momentarily panic my brain trying to scramble for an answer with out showing any indication on my face. "Unfortunately we lost." I pout at him to try to make it more believable. "Hyper Wes doesn't focus as well, that and I suspect Damien may have bribed him because he definitely threw a snowball at me." Sohinki seems to buy my lie because he laughs to himself, we both know that it sounds like something Wes will do. I let out a sigh of relief releasing some of the pressure, a good lie always has a few good details to make it seem true.

"Well that's unfortunate, we'll just have to beat them in Winter Games won't we." Sohinki smirks looking up at me from his coffee.

I roll my eyes pushing up from my position to lean on the counter next to him. "I thought any team that has both of us winning is a given." I look at him pointedly as he chuckles looking at me with pride. "And if we lose its because the competition is rigged right?" I push off the counter walking towards the deck for some fresh air.

"Damn straight!" Sohinki calls out after me.

Shayne's POV

After a relaxing shower which I desperately needed I push myself downstairs for some coffee which I also desperately needed. Yesterday was fun but intense, I had a great day with Y/N but I was also very aware that Sohinki was onto us in one way or another. I was scared but I had someone more important to focus on and I'd do anything for her.