Chap 1 - Bad Name

(Y/N/N: Your Nickname)

Y/N's POV

I feel a pair of arms snake around my waist and I look up to see my brother and smile brightly. "You done for the day?" I ask him as he moves to sit down next to me. I loved working with Sohinki, I have to admit it was probably him who got me this job, I did a mix of editing as well as filming with the Smosh Games crew and sometimes the squad.

"I have another video to shoot but I can drop you home?" I shake my head at him, typical Sohinki, doing everything and anything to make sure I'm okay, it was annoying sometimes but I loved him for it. It wasn't like the friendship I had with Jonathan or Daniel, we were a lot closer and I was treated like his baby sister because he wanted to for once be the older brother. It was useful sometimes, I knew all the pranks that were coming but his were always the next level.

"Don't bother, I can see Mari begging me from here." Sohinki turns poking his tongue out at Mari before turning his attention back to me, let's just say this wouldn't be the first time Sohinki had done this, I'd need more hands.

The door swings open as Shayne walks in resting his arm on the back of my chair. "I can take her. That way you don't have to deal with an annoyed Mari and you don't have to be stressed worrying about Y/N." Sohinki sighs nodding his head, clearing not wanting to agree but seeing the logic.

"One of these days you'll calm down." I say stepping forward to hug Sohinki before leaving with Shayne. I hear my phone go off and look down to see a message from Sohinki 

Try Hard Bro: That day isn't today, text me when you get home safe.

I laugh shaking my head before putting my phone away. "Matt?" Shayne asks, I nod slowly as he laughs walking towards the lifts with me. We enter the lift heading down to the car park.

"You know you really don't have to do this." I say to him but he puts his hand up shaking his head.

"Nonsense I want to, between your editing and filming and then my filming we haven't spoken too much, how's things going with you and Jake?" I cringe slightly at the mention of my boyfriends name, for the longest time Matt had said something was off and I was finally starting to agree.

"It's going fine." I lie, I step into Shayne's car as he gives me a look clearly seeing right through me. "Can you drop me at his place?"

Shayne nods sighing. "You can tell me what's going on you know, I might not be Wes but you can still talk to me." Out of everyone in Smosh besides Sohinki, I was closest to Wes. When I first joined he helped take me under his wing and helped me become my own person rather than 'Sohinki's sister'. "There's clearly something going on Y/N/N."

I sigh looking at his face which is concentrated on the road infront of him but painted with worry. "I don't know he's been acting more distant lately, Wes says I might be being paranoid but Matt says something weird is going on and honestly, I'm starting to agree." I wipe the tears that were slowly falling out of my eyes, I wasn't big about talking about my feelings so I tended to bottle things up. "I just really care about him so it's hard, we've been together so long and he's the one who I see my future with." Shayne flashes me a weak smile before he turns back to the road with a serious expression.

"Whatever happens, happens. You are a good person Y/N/N, good things are going to happen to you, I know they will." Shayne pauses pulling into the driveway of Jake's place. He turns to me his face softened. "Because you deserve only the best." He turns off the car stepping out. 

I give him a hug. "Thank you for driving me, you really didn't need to." He shakes his head squeezing my shoulders.

"Nonsense, I'll come in with you, maybe I can see what's up." I nod taking out my keys opening the door. The was something off in the air, I place my bag down at the door as Shayne grabs my hand squeezing it, I hold on tight relishing the comfort. "Is Jake usually a messy person?" I look around the room to see paper and his jacket strewn on the floor. I swallow the lump in my throat shaking my head, I'm probably just being paranoid. "That doesn't mean anything."