Shopping

Chapter 6 - Rachel Stark

How long have I been sleeping? I hate this feeling. Grogginess. I peel my dry eyes open. I forgot to take my contacts out again. 

I go into the bathroom to take them out. Once I am over the sink, I look into my green eyes in the mirror. I quickly wash my hands and start to take them out. Once I finish, I brush my long dirty blond hair and throw it into a messy ponytail and put my big glasses on. Finally, I go into my bedroom. I grab some sweatpants and a V-neck white short sleeve top from my dresser and look over to Steve, who is still fast asleep.

I get dressed in the bathroom and then head into the kitchen. I grab a bowl out of the cabinet and get out some cereal. As I start eating, I run through the checklist of what I have to do today. I need to go shopping with Steve. Clothes, furniture, food, tech, and some paint. We need to make that apartment less drab.

As I start considering what colors, Steve walks in. I look up to see that he still has his old clothes on. We have got to change that. 

"Hey," I say.

"Good morning," he says, smiling.

"Okay, so our list of things to do today. We need to get you some new clothes, new furniture, some food, technology, and some paint. We also need to check out the apartment next door. But first, you need to get some different clothes. Those are a tad conspicuous to be going around in. I am sure Tony has left some stuff here, I will try to find some clothes, okay?" I ramble.

"Okay, where can I take a shower?" he asks. 

"In the bathroom," I say with a chuckle. I point over to the bathroom door. "there should be towels."

"Okay." He replies.

After he gets into the bathroom, I start to hunt around for some of Tony's stuff. I look around in my room and find Tony's Black Sabbath T-shirt and a pair of sweatpants. I put them on my bed and start to tidy up the room. When I finish, I turn around to head out and I see Steve in a towel.

"Ahh!" I turn around, not wanting to make things awkward, "Here are the clothes I found for you." I pick up the small pile of clothes and blindly wave them in the air in his direction. 

Steve takes the clothes and retreats into the bathroom with a "thanks" thrown over his shoulder. Okay, you're good! Nothing happened, just move on. I quickly pick out my outfit and change. I grab my flowery blouse, skinny dark blue jeans, my black combat boots, my tan leather jacket, and put my hair up into a less sloppy ponytail and I fix my glasses so they aren't crooked anymore. I start to walk out of the room when Steve walks out of the bathroom. I catch myself before I start laughing. The shirt was just a tad too small on him and the sweat pants just didn't fit at all.

"Grab your shoes soldier, it looks like we are going shopping!" I say.

I grab my keys and Steve's wrist and pulled him out to my car.

"Steve, have you ever gone shopping before?" I ask as I start the car.

"Obviously," he says with a wide smile. "Am I going to have to use your credit card?" he asks, suddenly skeptical.

"Absolutely... NOT! We will be using S.H.I.E.L.D. money today." I say.

We go to the shopping center and I drop Steve off at the clothing store with one credit card. Before he got dropped off, I told him how to use a beeper so he could beep me when he was done shopping. I drove off to the hardware store. I bought Steve a fridge, a stove, a microwave, and a dishwasher, along with some tools and light grey paint. Then I ran into BestBuy and bought him a cell phone, laptop, and a T.V. with a D.V.D player. Again, I ran into the furniture store and bought Steve a bunch of furniture. At last, my beeper went off and I went to go pick up Steve. When I got there, I saw Steve in a plaid shirt with a tan leather jacket and khaki pants in nice dress shoes. Well, he cleans up nice. He put all of the clothes into the back.

"So did you have fun?" I asked.

"Yes, when I actually started finding stuff." He replied with a smile.

"Well I got all the stuff you will need to furnish the apartment. Don't worry it will all be there in a few weeks and we can put it in. All we need to do now is go grocery shopping and then we can head back." I list off.

"Okay, and I was thinking about getting a motorcycle if that's okay." He said.

"What, you don't like riding around in this sweet sports car with me?" I ask.

"I just don't want to feel like I'm being dragged everywhere." He says.

"I get it," I say. 

"Hey, we have the same color leather jacket," I say with a slight smile.