Chapter 10

Y/N’s POV:

I had a good sleep last night. Maybe it was the last time I had a good sleep until I solve this case. It was 7:04 a.m. when I woke up. Without wasting time, I went to the bathroom to freshen up and have a good bath.

I dyed my hair and changed my clothes and went to make breakfast for myself. I had told Justin to get me some different coloured eye contact lenses. It was for my disguise. I hope it helps.

By the time I was done eating with my breakfast, it was already 9:48 a.m. now all I had to do was wait for Justin and then we’ll head off to Duskwood.

It was 9:54 a.m. when the doorbell rang. I went to open the door to greet a smiling Justin. I let him in and he gave me the eye lenses I had asked him for.

"So…. Tell me! Am I looking different?" I asked Justin after putting the lenses.

"Wow!… I mean.. yeah… You do look different ma’am." Justin said and I saw how his cheeks were dusted with a light shade of pink.

"Great! So let’s not waste time and get going on our journey."

"Okay, ma’am."

We sat in my car. Duskwood was 3 hours away from here. I let out a heavy sigh and started my car.

At first, the ride was silent. Justin and I don’t really talk about anything else except our missions, so I thought about talking to him about other things, as he was a shy and introverted guy, I wanted him to feel comfortable.

All I knew about Justin was that he used to live with his mom and younger sister until one year ago, when he moved into his own house. His father had died when he was 4 years old. His mother used to work really hard all day to bring food on the table and for his and his sister’s education. As his mom was usually away at work he didn’t really had a strong bond with her as they spent little to no time together. He is really close to his sister though.

"So, Justin…" I started.

"Yes, ma’am?" He immediately answered.

"I really keep you a lot busy with all my things, right?"

"Umm… it’s not like that. It’s my job to help you, ma’am."

"No but still… You have a life to live and here I am, always keeping you busy with one thing or the other."

"But I really like working with you ma’am… it was all my dream after all."

"So… You like working with me?"

"More than I can express, ma’am." He sincerely said.

"Wow, that’s nice to hear." I said before giving him a quick glance and a soft smile, which he returned.

"Umm… so… are you dating anyone currently?" I blurted out without thinking.

"Umm… what? N- no, I am not dating anyone, ma’am."

Justin replied shyly. I could feel him blushing. Damn, why did I even ask him that, he must be feeling uncomfortable.

"Well, you are a kind and respectful guy. Anyone would enjoy being in your company."

"Umm… I don’t know about that. I never actually thought about all these things ma’am."

"See? That’s what I meant when I said that you have a life and I keep you busy." I chuckled.

Justin had a good laugh too. It was nice to see him laughing.

"Justin?"

"Yes ma’am?"

"You know if you ever have any problem, you can always share it with me. We have been working together for 3 years now, we are like friends too apart from being boss and assistant."

"Oh, I definitely will, ma’am. Thank you. And about us being friends, I don’t know." He said while scratching the back of his neck.

"Oh, well, now you do." I smiled at him.

He was feeling comfortable now, just what I wanted. For the rest of the ride, we kept chatting about random things and finally, Justin was opening up to me. It felt good talking to him. The anxiety that I had about going to Duskwood, had now vanished. 

Justin’s POV:

I already really liked your company ma’am. But now, I feel even better.
Except my mom and sister, I had no one, until I started working with you. I just have three females in my life, and I am so grateful for all three of you. I felt really honored when you called me your friend, now I feel so comfortable with talking about other things with you. Sir Jake is really lucky to have stolen your heart. I hope you meet him soon. I really want to see you happy and satisfied.