Chapter 17

Jake’s POV:

With great difficulty, I somehow managed to open my eyes- only to find myself tied up to a chair in a dark room. Both my hands and legs were tied to the chair. I felt a sharp pain in my neck as I moved my head to turn around to get a better view of my surroundings.

The last thing I remember was sending MC a message, asking for help. It was a mistake to go around outside at that time. I decided to go on a walk because I really needed some fresh air.

That’s when I saw her. Coming out of the bar, with that Phil and some other guy I didn’t recognize. I was shocked to learn that she was in Duskwood and I thought to approach her, but she doesn’t know how I look and besides, I wanted to meet her alone, not with other people.

I was overwhelmed with feelings. It wasn't a single feeling- I felt relieved - to know that she was okay. I felt jealous- that she met with that Phil. I felt guilty- of not approaching her. I felt hopeful- knowing that she would do anything to free me from this mess...

I hid in the bushes, I wanted to go talk to her, tell her how much I missed her, how much I love her, hug her and never let her go.

As I was mentally arguing with myself whether to approach her or not, something hit my head very hard. I felt dizzy. I turned around to see my attacker but he wore a mask. He had a bat in his hand, with which he attacked me. I tried to fight him but he was stronger. I wanted to scream for help but he injected something in my neck and I was starting to feel unconscious. The only thing I thought of was to ask for help from the one person I care about. One person who cares about me...

As I pressed ‘send’, he hit me again, harder this time and my phone flew somewhere in the bushes and I passed out...

“so you have finally woken up?” a familiar voice that I knew too well shouted from behind me.

Alex came and stood in front of me... staring me dead in the soul. He spoke up again-

"Hey Jake! Nice to meet you again." He smirked.

"Let me go Alex." I said in a harsh tone.

"No no no. you are not going anywhere, dear best friend-"

"I am not your best friend! I never was. You are just a pathetic terrible emotionless monster. You deserve to burn in hell. I hope you die in the most painful way possible!" I spat out.

My anger was beyond my control. My blood was boling in my veins. I wanted to beat the shit out of Alex! He was the one who introduced me to his group. He was the one who threatened to hurt my mother.. And he was the one to betray me!

"Hey, hey! Calm down bro! why are you so angry? We have met after such a long time, there’s so much to catch up."

"Just release me."

"No." He gave me a fake innocent smile.

"I said let me go, Alex!" I yelled.

"C’mon Jake. We both know I would not let you go anywhere….alive."

"What do you mean?" I paled.

"You are not going from here. I am going to kill you, with my own hands."

"Fine. Go on then. Finish me and end this. I want peace. Please, just kill me."

"Wow… now that you want it, I won’t be able to give you death too. What a pity! Anyways, do you know anything about your lovely mother’s accident? I bet not."

I froze. My mom’s accident?! 

"W-what?" I stuttered.

"She is in the hospital, Jake. Quite badly bruised. Poor woman. The only thing she had, was you. And you, you just left her like that. She must be so devastated!" He kept a hand on his chest and gave me a pitied look.

"I had to leave her because of you, you pathetic monster!"

"Aww… what a nice nickname for your best friend. I like that. So, don’t you feel like meeting your mother? Don’t you want to see her even once? Before you die?"

"What do you want from me?" I asked with an exasperated voice.

"hmm…nice question. What do I want from you? Nothing. You are utterly useless. The only thing you did for us was, distract the government. But suddenly, everything is cold. Why? I heard from my sources that someone from the FBI is helping you. Is that true?"

I didn’t reply. There’s no way I can tell him about MC! He would definitely go after her. I can’t afford to loose her. I lost her once and it felt like my world had ended. I don’t think I would be able to bear it if anything happens to her because of me.

"Tell me bro. who is it?" Alex grinned like a child.

"As if I would really tell you."

"So you won’t tell me like that. Okay then, I’ll have to use other ways."

He punched me really hard. on my face, my stomach. He kept punching me like he was taking out all his frustration and anger on me. Blood was coming out of my mouth along with painful tears. My body ached. I felt like my bones had been crushed. MC's face was everywhere in my mind. Just the vision of her lovely face was enough to ease my pain. I just wanted her near me. I wanted to feel her touch... I wanted to feel her.

"Oh dear! I already know who that is..... MC… recognize the name? What a lovely name." He mocked me.

"H-How…how do you know?"

"I hacked your phone, idiot. I read all your chats with her. That's how I tracked your location. Did you forget who you are talking to. It was quite difficult though, I have to admit. You are smarter than I thought."

"Please…don’t do anything to her. You want to kill me, kill me then but please, stay away from her." I pleaded.

"Aww… someone really cares huh? Why do you care about her? Do you love her or something?" He raised an eyebrow at me.

"That’s none of your business. Just stay away from her." I sneered.

"What will you do if I-"

"I will kill you! I will kill you in the worst way possible! Don’t you dare lay a finger on her!"

"Aw… I am so scared. Sorry, sorry. I am so afraid of you. Please don’t kill me."

He started punching me again. He punched me like I was a punching bag. Blood was oozing out from my nose and it seemed like my pain gave him pleasure. He didn’t stop until I passed out. I heard this monster’s devilish laugh before everything blacked out.

Y/N’s POV:

"Did you find anything Justin?" I asked him as I was pacing back and forth in my motel room. I was feeling really worried, I don’t know why. My heart was aching. I felt like someone was punching me continuously. I just hope Jake is safe.

"Nothing ma’am. they are all really talented hackers."

I told Justin to keep an eye on their illegal website. To track any deal or transaction that occurs. I needed to trace them.

"Ma’am! come here!" Justin called me over.

"What is it?"

"A drug transaction is being done here."

"Quickly track the account of the person who made the transaction!"

"Done! It’s some guy named Rob- Rob James."

"Good work, Justin. Now we have to get his address."

"That shouldn’t be hard."

After a few minutes, Justin managed to get the information about Rob’s address. 

"Get your gun ready, Justin. We are going to have a cup of tea with this Rob."