Chapter 28

Jake's POV:

We are in MC's car going... Somewhere.. I don't know where. MC said this is the surprise. I am quite excited yet nervous. I have never received any surprises. This is going to be the first time I'll be receiving one.

Y/N's POV:

We are going to Jake's house... To meet his mother.. Finally after nearly 2 and a half years, he'll be meeting her. I am so excited to see both of their reactions after meeting each other.

It was so funny to see Jake's confused reactions throughout the whole car ride towards his hometown. His hometown was near Duskwood and much smaller.

When we were just 10 minutes away from his house, realisation kicked him. He stared at me in pure shock, I gave a quick glance at him and smiled. He gave me a small smile back, I could see he wasn't able to believe this.

Jake's POV:

MC stopped the car in front of my house. I wasn't able to believe this! My mom! I'll finally get to meet her again. I wonder how she has been doing since I was gone.

My house was exactly like it was the last time I saw it. Nothing changed. This was the place I grew up in. This was the place I learnt hacking. And this was the place where it had all begun.

We made our way towards the front door. MC had held my hand in hers.

"Ring the doorbell, Jake."

I did as she asked. "Coming." a voice from inside said. It was my dear mom's voice. Oh how much had I missed that voice!

I stood there completely still, I think I had stopped breathing for a few seconds. Mom opened the door, looking a little weak, I remember Alex had told me about her accident. Both of us were staring at each other, none of us managed to get words out of our mouths. Sometimes eyes speak much more than any words ever can.

Tears started rolling down her cheeks, my own eyes filled with water. Mom threw her arms around me, never wanting to let go. She thought maybe if she pulled away I would be gone again. I hugged her tight. "Mom, I am back.... Just like I had promised." I finally said after a few minutes of us hugging. "I knew you would come back, son." she replied.

Mom finally let go of me. Then, she noticed MC for the first time. She smiled at her but looked at me with confusion.

"Who is this beautiful young lady, Jake?"

I looked at MC and noticed that her cheeks had turned pink. She was so cute.

"Let me guess, she is your girlfriend right?" Mom winked at me.

MC's cheeks had turned more red. That's when I processed what mom had just said

"What.. No, no.. Mom, she's not my girlfriend." I said, flustered.

"Yet." Mom smirked.

"Mom! She is the one because of whom I am standing here in front of you. She saved me from Alex, the government, from everything. She brought me out of my darkness."

Without saying anything, mom hugged MC too.. My mom really loves to hug people. MC hugged her back almost immediately.. That was the sweetest sight of my life. I just stood there staring at the two of them, smiling widely.

"Oh look. How silly of me. You two are still standing outside.. C'mon...come inside."

We all went inside. Everything was same. The living room, the kitchen, the small dining table. Everything! All the memories of my childhood came rushing back to me. The smell of my house, the atmosphere, it was all so relaxing. This all seemed too good to be true. I can't even count the number of times I pinched myself to believe that this was all real and not a dream.

MC and mom had already started chatting like long lost bffs. Hannah, she led me to all of this. If she wasn't kidnapped, I would have never met MC. She wouldn't have helped me. She wouldn't have taken me back to my mom. I was so grateful for everything.

"Oh.. Now I just can't wait to see my lovely grandchildren! You two will make very pretty babies.. Aww.. I'll be a grandmother!" Mom gushed with a dreamy look.

"Mom! Stop!"

I looked over at MC. She was staring down at the floor, her face was covered in a crimson red colour... Mom can be so embarrassing sometimes!

"How are you mom? You had an accident?"

I asked her, trying to change the topic and also I was genuinely concerned about her. But she was acting like nothing had happened. No mom, you can hide it from the world, but I can read you like an open book.

"What accident? Don't try to change the topic, Jake."

"Mom, don't lie."

I gave her my best serious look.... I had learnt this look from her only. Time to use it... Against her..

"Uh.. Fine.. Yes, I had an accident.. It was nothing big. See.. I am so fine now."

"Mom.. Why can't you take care of yourself?"

"Hey!. I can take care of myself, young man. Are you forgetting that I am the one to give birth to you. I raised you all by myself. I am a strong women,  always was."

Mom said proudly. Oh mom! You have no idea how much I missed this attitude of yours!

"Anyways.. I don't have time to waste on you right now.. I have tons of things to talk about with my beautiful daughter here." Mom said and turned to look at MC with a big grin.

"Daughter?" MC and I asked at the same time.

"Oh c'mon.. Don't act so naive!.... Fine.. My soon to be daughter IN LAW."

"Oh god mom! You can never change!"

I said grinning like an idiot. I can't even imagine how awkward MC must be feeling right now.

I felt like my life was finally complete. I had everything I could have ever asked for. I want nothing else from my life. I felt like the luckiest man on earth. How did I get all of this? If this is a dream, I don't want it to ever end! But I know.. This is all real... I am so glad that I sent that message to MC that day...

"Well....How did you like it?"

THE END.

A/N:

So guys... *sigh*.... Finally.. Our "Gone forever" journey is over.

When I had first started writing this story, I was doubtful that it would even last 10-12 chapters.. But your guys' support helped me to carry on with the story. I thank you all for that so much!

This was my first ever Wattpad story and it turned out to be... Okay? You guys have encouraged me so much..

And I also want to tell you about my Duskwood one shot collections that I have uploaded and you can find them on my profile.... I just love this game so much!

Anyways... Thank you so much for reading my story! Your love and support meant a lot to me!

Bye bye... You guys are awesome!
Love you <3
Author.