Chapter 20

Alex's POV:

That moron Carson, not only got caught himself, but the entire mafia! What will I do now?!

Whoever this MC is, she is stronger than I imagined. She is a threat. No, no, no! I have to get to her before she gets to me!

I mean, how did she even manage to fight all of them alone? Either she is really smart or they all were just really dumb. Ugh! I am surrounded by idiots!

But wait, I know how to get to her! Yes! Why didn't I think of this before?!

Finally this useless hacker will be of my use again.

"Hey! Wake up!"

I threw water at Jake's face. He'd been passed out for quite a long time. Huh, weak asshole.

"What?! Why don't you just kill me already?" He sneered at me.

"Oh you have no idea how much I would love that. But Jake, we have more important business to do. Your girl, MC, got all of the DemonEye behind bars. And now I am super pissed."

"What? She did that? Alone?" He said with proudness twinkling in his eyes.

"Don't get too excited. She won't be able to save you." I rolled my eyes.

"We'll see."

"Listen here, let me get straight to the point. I am going to call her and you will tell her to stop looking for you and us, as, you really are a criminal, the head of my hacker organisation. You will tell her that you just used her. Got it?"

"No way I am doing that. I am not a criminal. I never was! And I'll most definitely never break her heart!"

"If you want her to be alive, you will do that." I threatened.

"You will not hurt her, Alex!" His voice cracked at the end of his sentence.

"Then the choice is yours. Either just break her heart, or watch her die. Which one you gonna choose?" I smirked.

Jake's POV:

If I wasn't tied, I would have strangled Alex to death. This monster here is telling me to break MC's heart after all what she has and is doing for me. She saved my half sister! She promised to me that she'll make me meet my mom! She is risking her life and profession for me! She trusts me! How can I break her trust?

"We don't have forever Jake!" Alex grumbled.

"Fine then..... I'll call her and tell her that I am the real criminal. But you would have to leave her alone!"

"I will." He simply said.

"I don't trust you."

"Then don't." He shrugged.

"What?"

"Listen, I don't care what you feel about me, okay? I told you I'll not hurt her. And I keep my promises. You know that."

"Okay then..... Call her." I sighed.

"Good boy." He patted my head.

Alex dialed MC's number and my heart was pounding so fastin my chest. I was longing to hear her voice. But what I was going to tell her, will shatter her trust. But I'll do anything for her safety just like I know she'll do for mine.

Suddenly, she picked up.

"Hello?"

I was speechless as I heard her beautiful voice. I wanted to scream and tell her everything! I wanted to tell her how much I missed her! How much I love her! But I was numb...

"Is anyone there? Hello? Who is it?"

Alex glared at me. He wanted me to speak, but so did I! But I couldn't get words out of my mouth.

"Will you speak up?" MC asked again.

"M-Mc. It's me, Jake." I finally uttered out.

"oh my god! Jake! How are you? Where are you? Are you fine? Tell me Jake! I was so worried for you! Tell me your location Jake!" She immediately blasted on me with questions.

"MC, i-i.."

"Yes? Tell me Jake! Where are you? Are you fine? Tell me!"

"Yes MC, I am fine. Please don't worry about me. Are you okay?"

"Yes, I am, Jake. Where are you?" Her voice wavered.

"MC, MC stop looking for me."

"What?"

"I am not who you thought I was MC." My eyes were filling with tears.

"What the hell are you saying Jake? Tell me your location!"

"No. I am a criminal MC. I just used you! I never l-loved you. It was all fake. You caught the mafia members. That was not good. First I used you to find my sister, and now I was using you to get me free from the government. I wasn't kidnapped. It was all an act. I ran away myself. Stop looking for me or my members!" I yelled out as my eyes fluttered shut with tears pouring out.

"Jake... I know you. Do you think I believe these words of yours? You are lying."

"NO I AM NOT! I AM A CRIMINAL! I'LL KILL YOU IF YOU TRIED TO DO ANYTHING." I controlled the sob that threatened to come out of me.

"J-Jake.. No!"

The line suddenly went dead. I felt like a loser. How can I scream at her like that? I am terrible. I am weak!

"Wow. Great acting Jake. I am impressed." Alex said with a grin.

"Shut up, you pathetic monster! without that mafia, you are weak. You can't do anything now."

"Is that so? You have no idea of my capabilities Jake."

He laughed and left me in this room, alone. I was so lost. Did I loose her? Even before I met her?

Y/N's POV:

The stupid line suddenly went dead! How can he say that? Was he serious? No Jake! You can't be a criminal! I know you!....Or do I?

I don't know him in person. I never saw him. Never looked in his eyes to see his feelings. His real feelings. Eyes are the windows to your soul. How can he break my trust? He just used me? Is this the real Jake?

I felt my heart shatter into pieces. The only person I ever loved, who I thought was the only person to love me, faked everything? Used me? And now tells me to stay away from him?

What should I do now?

Should I let him go? Should I catch him and get him punished? He Commited he was a criminal. And it's my duty to make sure a criminal is punished.

But, is he really the real criminal?

Did I loose him? Even before I met him?