Teach me how to flirt, Five,

Chapter five:

Six thirty.

Ella watched as the clock ticked slower and slower with time passing by. Drumming her fingers against the coffee table next to her impatiently, she started getting anxious. He was late.

He's never late.

The phone rang and Ella found herself running to her purse and fiddling with the zipper to actually reach whoever was calling her.

"Hello" she replied quickly.

"Hey there!" Maryanne's excited voice chimed into Ella's ears.

Closing her eyes as if trying to control a frustrated scream from escaping her, she said, "hey there, Mary."

"So are you with him now? I totally filled my end of the deal." She spoke proudly. Ella on the other hand was pissed.

"Well, too bad, cause the ass is not even here."

A gasp escaped Mary which added more to Ella's frustration and then she whispered, "But he knows how important this is to you."

"I know, Mary. Look, I have to go because actually, I am too angry for my own good."

"Yeah okay, I understand. Call me later though. I really need your help in something."

Ella nodded absentmindedly before surprisingly losing control over her mouth and she spat, "I hope it's not about some guy who gives you a hard time, because actually, being friends means much more than just arranging a fucking date for you okay?"

A silent moment passed before Mary cleared her throat and replied in a wobbly voice, "well, don't worry Ella, this time I need your help in something very serious."

"Okay good." Ella said before hanging up not giving Mary any time to say anything.

Stealing a glance at the clock, a list of profanities escaped her.

"I absolutely hate you, you self centered fat ass who doesn't care about anyone but himself and always tend to ruin anything good that happens." Ella texted before pressing send to the one and only Zack.

How did they even reach this state? She even asked Mary to call so that she would be an interruption into their 'date' but hey look there, there is no date, no guy and no freaking music.

Ella's mind wandered to a few weeks ago, when they were in her room, munching down the cookies they baked together and suddenly Zack commented on a picture hanging on Ella's mirror, "I still can't believe you are hoping to get back to him. He's messed up."

Ella's eyes flew to Noah and her picture with both of them smiling genuinely and Noah seemed like he was about to kiss her, because of the sight of his pursed lips.