Teach me how to Flirt, Eleven.

Teach me how to flirt.

Chapter eleven:

“Um, after you guys split up, and you were so caught up with your new hottie of a boyfriend, we kind of got close. And a couple of days ago, we um, kissed accidentally and then he asked me out. I told him I have to ask you first, but he got angry and started yelling about how you have no right to take away the only thing he might have truly loved.” Mary trailed off before raising her eyes to look pleadingly at Ella and whispered,

”Ella, I believe him.”

Ella still standing too shocked to comprehend, shook her head and asked a little too rudely, “What do you fucking believe?”

Mary winced with the curse but she stayed focused and said,” I believe that I might be the one he truly loves.”

Ella chuckled and paced back and forth; she passed her fingers through her hair and started sweating.

“So he loves you?” she asked incredulously. Mary smiled slightly before shaking her head and saying, “No, at least not yet.”

Ella nodded understandingly.

“Um, Mary you know this is kind of hard for me to decide right?”

Mary’s eyes turned cold and she stood up and lashed out saying, “What the hell is your problem Ella? You broke up with him. Broke up! And now you have a boyfriend who is lusted after by half the girls’ population, he always looks at you as if you’re his world and touches you as if you’re a fragile piece of cookie that could crumble if he pressed too hard! What’s wrong with me trying to find my freaking prince charming that would sweep me off my feet and kiss me senseless? And besides, it’s not like you are talking to Noah! He told me you guys stopped talking weeks ago and that he couldn’t care less about you. You got his heart broken but I was there to help him fix it and he wants me! Is it that hard to believe?”

Ella’s hand rested by her sides shocked and tried to speak, but nothing came out.

Her best friend was talking to her honestly. And for the first time, Ella realized that Maryanne had been hiding a lot of UN discussed issues.

Was she being selfish? She didn’t understand. She did have Zachariah. But he is not forever. Noah was the guy she was hoping to get back to, but as Mary said, Ella was too occupied with all what’s going on with her and her ‘fake’ boyfriend that she forgot all about the main purpose that started the whole ‘pretense’ in the first place.

She looked at her friend softly before sensing her cheeks burning. She lifted her hand to cover it and her eyes widened with the heat radiating off her. Looking at the teary face Mary had, Ella started scolding herself.

She had two options that will lead her to completely different places.

Either she lets go of Zachariah and goes back to Noah right now, saying something about how she was stupid and all, and act oblivious about what Mary said, which will lead her to lose her best friend. Or-

Ella looked around the room thoughtfully before it settled on Zachariah’s tie thrown on the chair.

Or she could just embrace the signs fate is sending her, and agrees to let go of Noah, and goes back to Zachariah admitting her feelings. How she feels they could be something more than fake and that they could make it.

She turned and looked at Mary who watched her hopefully and that made Ella smile.

Even though Mary completely lashed out at her –for a really good reason- she was still hopeful that Ella would agree, and Ella herself knew that if she said anything that would imply she’s still not over Noah –which was far from the truth- Mary will suck it up and ignore her growing feelings for Noah, that actually existed since forever. Now that Ella comes to think of it, Noah and Mary always had their own way in things.

They both liked listening to music when it rains, which was extremely random and happens so rarely in Miami, but when it did happen, you’d find them both sitting together sharing a pair of headphones and mumbling with the songs.

They always loved mixing ketchup and mustard together when eating any sandwich even cheese, but that absolutely repulsed Ella, she thought it was not tasty yet they always defended themselves saying, “Hey, you gotta respect that Muschup”

Ella rolled her eyes absentmindedly when she remembered the Muschup days.

‘Mus’ as in mustard, ‘Chup’ as in ketchup.

Good old days.

But all these days imply that both of them were always right for each other.

How couldn’t she see it sooner, she didn’t know. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that Maryanne was the one who pushed them to go out and try being more than friends.

Ella sighed and rubbed her temples before taking a quick glimpse of Zachariah’s tie.

Even if he wouldn’t agree on being with her, at least she won’t live with the guilt of ruining two young lives as hers wishing to live their own romance.

And after all Maryanne was Ella’s sister. And sisters, don’t fight over boys or guys or men.

They fight because they both want the same dress, shoes or hairstyle but never over boys, guys and men.

She crossed her fingers mumbling, “god, be with me.”

And then she turned around to see Mary silently walking out of the room. Ella smiled again and said, “Mary.”

She stopped and looked at her with twinkling eyes, maybe from the tears or something else, but her eyes sure twinkled.

“I am fine with it.” Ella choked not knowing the reason why it hurt so bad to let go of Noah, she knows she was over him weeks ago.

It’s just that we always tend to want what we can’t have. And as soon as Mary and Noah are together, it’s going to be strange.

Mary will kiss the same lips Ella kissed, hug the same body, cuddle to the same warm chest, pull the same neck and wrap the same waist.

Blinking a couple of times, Ella saw Mary’s face crying and she ran towards Ella and enveloped her in a friendly hug.

“I love you Ell.” She mumbled coarsely. Ella chuckled and surprisingly wiped away the tears that escaped her before she said,” I love you too Mary.”