FOOL ME ONCE

[A/N: FIRST OF ALL, EVERYONE SAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASSHAT! It my AMAZING friend, @okaybyepls birthday today and this chapter is a gift to her! I love you asshat and you're awesome and I hope you like this! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!]

[Also the song is supposed to be played while you read his chapter cause I was listening to this song while I wrote this and I think this really shows Damon's feeling towards Sif. And Sharma, this song is also dedicated to you, cause I would give up forever (if ever offered) to have a friend like u. Love you.]

Damon hadn't slept at all. He spent the entire night trying to find the spell in the book and calling people for help. Unfortunately the one person who could actually do some help had changed his number. So he was trying to figure everything out himself.

That was not working well for him cause clearly he had no idea what Emily had written in her book. So he had a Latin-English dictionary next to him and that slowed things down immensely. Stefan's annoying calls didn't help with the time management either.

And speaking of Stefan, he came barging into the room with an anxious look on his face and announced, "Anna took Elena." Not looking up, Damon responded, "Yeah, I got that from your 600 voicemails." Stefan moved across the room towards his brother, "Damon, all night long, every single street in town, I've been searching. What if your blood hasn't passed out of her system?"

Damon retorted, "Well, then at least you know you'll see her again." "Please," Stefan said, sitting down on the sofa, next to Damon, "What do you know? You were with Anna, you must know where she's living. Just tell me where I can find her." Damon looked up from the book and bitterly refused Stefan asking him to leave.

Stefan looked down at his hands and began, "You know, all I can remember is hating you. There might have been a time when that was different, but your choices have erased anything good about you, "Damon laid the grimoire down and gave his attention to Stefan, not sure how Stefan thought insulting him would get him to help, "But see, I also know you have just as much reason to hate me. This all began with me. Sif got taken away from you because of me. And I'm sorry."

Not wanting a whole discussion about it, Damon accepted his apology. Apparently, Stefan thought it meant that he would help considering his next words were, " So please, just tell me what you know." Damon ignored him and opened the grimoire again, reading.

Stefan pleaded, "It's Elena, Damon. If you know something, tell me." Damon closed the grimoire and stood up. He looked his brother in the eye as Stefan mimicked his movement, "I mean this sincerely," Stefan nodded, anticipating his answer, "I hope Elena dies." He walked past his brother out of the room, leaving his brother dejected.

Damon studied the book some more before he caved in the idea that he had to go see the only witch he knew was available right now. Bonnie. He didn't want to ask her for help since she didn't exactly like him, but there was no other way.

So he went to her house. Damon knocked on the front door. An older woman opened it, "Yes?" Damon politely responded, "Hi there. I'm, uh, looking for Bonnie." The woman sternly said, "She's not here." Damon asked, "Oh, well do you know when she-" She didn't let him finish as she said, "Never."

Damon chuckled, "You have quite an opinion for someone who doesn't know me." She retorted, "You got some nerve knocking on a Bennett witch's door and asking her for anything." Damon asked what he did. From what he could remember he had only ever annoyed two bennet witches. Bonnie and this other witch in the 40s. He actually helped them survive in 1864. Shouldn't they be grateful?

She smiled coldly and said, "Spirits talk, Mr. Salvatore, and so does my granddaughter. You are no friend to us. Now get off my porch." Damon took a step closer to Bonnie's grandmother and threatened, "Step outside and say that."