THE RETURN

damon and sif walked over to sheriff forbes at the hospital desk. she looked heartbroken with tears in her eyes. damon reached her and said, "liz, we came as soon as you called. is she okay?" sheriff forbes sniffled, "she's in surgery, it's...they're doing everything they can. i need your help, damon." damon agreed and liz continued, "mayor lockwood is dead. they thought he was a vampire. they put him in the basement."

sif furrowed her eyebrows, "mayor lockwood was a vampire?" liz shook her head, "no, no. they made a mistake, they said he dropped like the others when john's device went off but he...he couldn't have been a vampire, i've known the man my whole life and now carol lockwood is gonna want answers and all i can think of right now is caroline and-," she cut her speech as she began to cry. damon hugged liz, comforting her as she wept for her daughter.

sif looked around for the other kids in the car with caroline. if she wasn't wrong, there were three more of them. she hoped they were okay. she overheard elena speak with bonnie and walked over to them. she was joined by damon shortly after he took care of his friend.

elena asked bonnie, "is there something that you can do? like a spell or something?" bonnie seemed conflicted. damon spoke, "she doesn't know how," he turned to the witch, "do you?" bonnie shook her head, "no, i don't." damon nodded, "no, you don't because it took emily years to learn a spell like that." bonnie challenged him, "well, i can take down a vampire, that spell was easy to learn."

sif glared at bonnie for threatening her fiancé and took a step forward but damon put his hand around her waist, securing her and proposed, "i can give caroline some blood." elena immediately denied and sif argued, "just enough to heal her. she will be safe in the hospital and it will be out of her system in a day, she will be better." elena didn't cave in, "it's too risky, i can't agree to that." bonnie spoke, "do it."

she noticed elena's appalled expression and added, "this is caroline. we can't let her die. let's do it." damon narrowed his eyes, "if i do this, you and me, call a truce?" bonnie firmly refused, "no. but you'll do it anyway because sif is friends with caroline. if you don't do, she will." bonnie left. sif had to admit bonnie was right. if damon wouldn't, sif would give caroline her blood to heal her. she was fond of the girl and had become protective over her in their short friendship.

elena looked at them, "one of the tomb vampires got into the house tonight and almost killed john." damon's eyes widened, "what? when? after the carnival?" elena nodded. damon argued, "not possible. they all died, i saw them burn." elena shrugged and sif realised, "unless it wasn't the tomb vampires. it was katherine. john said she was in town, the device was missing and we all know john is a raging asshole so she probably tried to kill him for just being alive."

damon sighed and jenna approached elena and dragged her away. sif shook her head and dragged damon towards caroline's room. she was out of surgery and was resting. her health was still unstable. sif would do anything to make sure that changed.

as they stepped inside the room, sif got a good look at caroline. as she drank the sight in front of her, she lost her breath. caroline was sleeping on the bed with multiple wires attached to her. mysha was sitting on a chair next to the bed. she had her head down and was muttering something.

sif cleared her throat and mysha was startled and got up. she asked, panicked, "what are you guys doing here?" damon narrowed his eyes at her panicked state but didn't mention anything. "we just wanted to see how caroline was," sif said softly, "you look tired, mysha, why don't you go wash your face and have a glass of water. we'll stay here with caroline."

mysha indeed did not look good. her eyes were bloodshot red and tear tracks covered her cheeks. it looked like her energy was draining with each second. she stared at them, trying to decide whether she wanted to leave or not. finally, she nodded her head and walked towards the door.