THE FOUNDER'S DAY

Damon and Sif roamed the gardens of the high school, eating candy and enjoying the time. Carol Lockwood was supervising the students participating in the float and as she called over the ladies to get on the float, Sif could see Caroline dragging a whining girl towards their position. The girl was fidgeting with her corset and Sif couldn't help but chuckle at her expression. The girl looked like a cat being dragged to bathe. She must be Mysha. Caroline talked a lot about her.

Damon spotted Stefan standing alone, waiting for Elena. He held Sif's hand and led her over to his brother. "Look at you, all retro," he commented. Stefan sighed, annoyed, "What are you doing here?" Damon shrugged, "Why wouldn't I be here? Isobel is gone, no one is currently threatening us and it's Founders' Day! I'm here to eat cotton candy and be with my girl." He fed Sif some of the cotton candy in his hand as he speak.

Sif had to admit this century was amazing. The amount of sugar in the cotton candy blew her mind. No wonder the kids loved it. She was also enjoying watching young girls suffer from their tight outfits. She had to deal with them for almost all her life, watching other people suffer while she didn't was really funny.

Stefan furrowed his eyebrows, "What about John?" Sif laughed, "You don't have to worry about him. He knows not to mess with us. And he is compelled to tell me anything important. His only ally is also working for me now so I fathom he can't do anything." Stefan nodded. He was happy that Isobel was gone. She was hurting his girlfriend by being the worst mother in existence.

The three noticed Elena approaching and turned their heads. Their eyes widened at the sight. In her period dress, she looked strikingly like Katherine. She smiled at them and curtsied. Sif couldn't believe her eyes. She knew Katherine and Elena were doppelgangers but Elena dressed, spoke and behaved so differently, it never occurred to her how hauntingly similar the two looked. She remembered when she had first seen Katherine for the first time and was shocked at her resemblance to Tatia.

⟪⁌‖↤∾∳∾↦‖⁍⟫

Mysha stood behind Bonnie as she clicked a picture of Caroline and Matt before the Founders' Day Parade, in their Civil War costumes. Bonnie said, "Say cheese!" Caroline suddenly turned towards her boyfriend and spoke, "Oh wait! Hide your cast, it's not era-appropriate!" Matt asked, amused, "Seriously?" "Yes!" Caroline exclaimed. Matt complied as Mysha and Bonnie laughed.

Bonnie took the picture just as Tyler arrived. Caroline said, "I want one with Mysha now." Tyler offered to take it. Matt looked at him and said, "I'll be on the float." Tyler looked at the girls and sighed at their expressions, "I said I was sorry!" Mysha huffed. "Tyler, You made out with his mother and then you beat him to a pulp," She said, referring to the Kick-Off party where Matt found his mom and Tyler together. Caroline looked at him with pity, "You're gonna have to do a little bit better than sorry."

She looked at him and left with Mysha and Bonnie. They took a few pictures and then Caroline proceeded to drag Mysha around. Mysha whined, "Caroline, can we please go inside. I am actively avoiding two people and this dress is making it very hard to be invisible." Caroline looked at her, "No matter what you wear, it would be impossible for you to be invisible, okay? And we're going to meet Sif. I thought you wanted to meet her."

Mysha gave in, only because she actually did want to meet her best friend's new friend. From what Caroline had told her, she seemed like good company. Caroline spotted Damon and Sif standing together, talking and called out to them. They turned around to see them and Damon groaned while Sif greeted her, "Hello Caroline. You look beautiful in your dress." Caroline smiled at her and Sif then turned to Mysha and held her hand out, "You must be Mysha. Caroline talks a lot about you. It's great to finally meet you, I'm Sif Mikaelson."