BLOODLINES

MYSTIC FALLS 1864

In the woods, Stefan and Damon hid behind the trees while the town was capturing vampires. Jonathan Gilbert and other townspeople were putting a muzzle on a vampire's face and putting him inside a carriage. They heard one of them scream, "We have to get to the church. They're waiting." Stefan turned to Damon and plotted, "Circle around that way. I'll distract them. Go."

Damon agreed with his brother and did as directed without question. Stefan screamed and gained the attention of the group of men, "Over here! There's another one! Quick! Help me!"

Johnathan led the group towards Stefan, directing them to arm themselves. While the men followed Stefan, one man stayed behind, guarding over the carriage containing the vampires.

Damon snuck up behind him and knocked him out with a rock. He grabbed the keys out of the man's pocket and unlocks the carriage just as Stefan returned. Stefan reminded his brother that they didn't have much time but Damon ignored him, helping Sif out of the carriage. We don't have long. He absentmindedly noticed Stefan helping Katherine out and untied Sif, removing the muzzle too.

Stefan reassured the vampires that they would get them out of there and they heard rustling in the bushes. Damon jerked up, trying to spot any signs of danger when he is shot. Even in her weakened state, Sif noticed her fiance falling and gasped. Stefan rushed over to him but he couldn't help and Damon took slow, ragged breaths.

Stefan cried out and the men started to come back. He picked up a gun to fight back but he also is shot down. He stared at Katherine trying to reach her while Sif crawled towards Damon, feeding him her blood and crying when he died with her wrist still on his mouth.

She was so weakened that she didn't notice Damon gulping in some blood before taking his last breath.

⟪⁌‖↤∾∳∾↦‖⁍⟫

Elena, Sif and Damon stood in the cellar watching Stefan. Elena muttered, "It's so hard to see him locked up like this." Sif looked at with raised eyebrows and Damon reminded, "You're the one who locked him up." Elena defensively replied, "You helped." Damon shrugged, justifying his actions, "I couldn't have him running around chewing on people. While the town was looking for vampires, now, could I?"

Sif frowned at him and Elena asked, "So, It had nothing to do with you actually caring about him?" Damon waved it off, leaving. Elena decided to stay back while Sif followed him upstairs. She voiced her thoughts, "You know, I wish you didn't put up this 'I don't care about anything' front." Damon turned to her, wrapping his arms around her and murmuring, "That's not true. I care about you, don't I?"

Usually, Sif would swoon, but she knew that he was trying to charm her and stall. "That's not what I mean," she said, "You care about your brother. Everyone knows that, except Stefan. I wish you would show him that. And he should be a little lenient towards you too. You both used to be the best of friends and now you can't go through a single conversation without fighting."

He didn't reply, just put his head in her neck and tightened his grip on her. She sighed, knowing that he won't listen to her but leaving it be.

⟪⁌‖↤∾∳∾↦‖⁍⟫

MYSTIC FALLS 1864

Stefan awoke with a start. He looked around and noticed that he wasn't in the woods anymore. He opened his shirt and realized that the bullet wound was gone. He also noticed a ring on his hand and examined it. Emily arrived behind him, "Katherine had me make that for you weeks ago." Stefan asked her where they were.