'Words' - Mind Link conversation
Words/Words - Shawn/Aadya conversations or POV Character's thoughts
Words - Conversations in different languages
(Words) - Words ~ on the right hand side - Author's Note

Shawn's POV

"Ven, where's my lighter?"

I called out remembering I gave her mine earlier, thinking I had it back but couldn't find it.

"Right here."

She handed it back to me. That's weird, usually she'd play around.

"Hey... what's wrong?"

Suddenly I knew what was bothering her. Whenever she was this serious her family was on her mind, her children.

"Ven, Austen will be protected no matter what. I don't know exactly what Mom is thinking, but I know she'd never put our lives in danger either."

My mother must not feel from the golden eyed man what she feels from the others. I don't know how to feel about this. My mother is a very intelligent woman, so this wasn't something she would've made lightly, but to us this was definitely off the wall.

She also said "they're here permanently", meaning there is more than one... a coven maybe.

This really changes things.

How many are there? Do they follow the same diet?

Well if one works in a hospital, one might think all of his coven-mates would be on the same type of thing.
I know for sure this diet is not the norm for their kind, so there is definitely some few that are new, and or adjusting to this diet. Then there's the possibility there's more like the doctor, that have this amazing restraint around human blood.

"I ain't letting nothing touch her. You don't even have to tell me that. But a coven living near us, rubs me the wrong way. I don't care if they have another diet either."

So she caught that, too, huh? Figures, we are related.

"I don't know what she's thinking! Making that decision without so much as a care to let us know! I know she's our mother but I'm a mother too, what about me? How could she put me in this type of position?!"

Raven was heated, our mother really did screw up. I hate when things get like this, knowing my sister wasn't going to back down against our mother. They always butted heads when it came to who was right or wrong.

In my opinion, Raven was right. My mother was wrong right now. There have been too many times when vampires tried to attack us because of our scent. Then those slimy red eyed bugs, The Volturi, we try to stay clear from their radar anyway.

There was too much at stake here in this little utensil town.

"Everything will be alright girls. I'll never let anything happen to this family. You know that, right?" Mr. B said with a certainty, that made us say 'Yes!' without not even having to say it.

He was settled behind us in the one of the lounging area section. Our plane is pretty much bigger on the inside, than it is on the outside.

Mr. B.. he's always been here for us, creepily, my parents as well. I say creepily because he's seen them in diapers.

He's more like a guardian to our family, he's the reason the world was spared before their soul bonds could be connected. He's definitely family, and he knows that, but he's stuck in his sacred vow to serve our family for life. Since then, upon request, which was opposed at first, until he said that this was his way of life and something he wholeheartedly wanted, it was sealed. He's been with us since. He helped raised Raven and I. He's family no doubt about it.

Mr. B was a very peculiar kind of person. He was quiet, a to himself kind of man. He was also open-minded about any and everything. He liked reading and watching sports, all types, I think too. He liked an variety of things.

He supported the LGBTQ community with his entire being, and in his times (he's very, very, very old) color didn't matter. When it did he was very shocked, and appalled at the actions he saw being done to people of color. He still corrects a racist or bigot whenever the opportunity arises.

He was open to protect and travel the world with us, while serving our family with protection that was sworn upon him since his birth. Weird story there.

He wasn't a brash person either, he was kind mannered, but.. don't get it twisted.

Mr. B ain't one to play with. He's silent and very, very deadly.

I agree. Coming from me... that's saying something.

Yeah, I sparred with him and he's a very formidable opponent. My Pops too, and he holds up his end against my old man, and I hate sparring with him.

"We know Mr. B, but that's the point. We shouldn't even have to take that risk." She groaned, while sliding her hands down her face.

"If anyone else would've tried that, do you seriously think, it would've wash over the way it did?" Knowing the point she was making, already calling that out earlier.

"Raven, you and I, both know that would've never blown over that way if one of us pull something like that." Pointing at the ground to add to the point, I think it worked.

"Honestly, I don't know why she thought that was cool." I couldn't believe she really did what she did.

"Mannnnn, I don't know what's in the air in the cutlery aisle but I ain't feeling it." She goes before grabbing the jay and forming a bubble.

"Cutlery aisle....Forks—Oh.. HAAA!" Mr. B belly laughed once he caught on.

That caught us all off guard and we all chuckled.

Re-revised, and edited on 9/19/23.