14 (New/Old Ch)

'Words' - Mind Link conversation
Words/Words - Shawn/Aadya conversations or POV Character's thoughts
Words - Conversations in different languages
(Words) - Words ~ on the right hand side - Author's Note

Shawn's POV

You know I actually hate this hellhole of a high-school. The kids here are so damn nosy, it don't make no sense.

When I came back, I heard about some of the things that were being spread about my family and I: We had a drug business to tend to. We couldn't handle the country life (Which wasn't false by any means. We hated the country outlook of this place, but we had to eat being here for my mom's sake since this was kinda her dream job.) The last one though, that's the one that tick me off real bad. So bad that I'm literally trying to find out who said it... it was that we couldn't afford to be here.

(Let's make it seem like this Forks has mostly wealthy residents, with a good majority of the town's kids being spoiled, pampered little brats.)

Now first off if we wanted to, we could build mansions up to the skylines, but we wanted to humble ourselves. Plus, we didn't want all that attention. We do though own many private properties from all over the world, as well as businesses, and assets of all the sorts.

I personally couldn't wait to find out which bitch here said that ignorant ass shit.

I don't associate with anyone here other than this sweetie pie, Angela. Her friends I can tolerate, except for Jessica and Lauren. I don't like them. Oh, and Mike, the boy from when I was out 2 weeks ago with my niece.

"Let's cut to the chase.... Angela you know you're the first person I talked to here at this school...... one of the only people I talk to at this school really. So who said that shit about me and my family." I asked the girl, who was sitting next me in our Math class.

"Shawn.. look I don't want to cause any drama that's not my way at all, but even I'm pissed with what she said...." Realizing she finally slipped with what gender said it, as I perked up. I think I know who she's talking about.

I wouldn't read her without permission. That's an invasion of someone's privacy, either way I wouldn't want someone to do it to me.

Even though I've been feeling like someone has been trying to snoop through my head. I figured the vampires, that pose as some little ass kids, have the mind reader on their hands, so I put my shields up and decided to put extra protection on my family's minds.

"Angie, please tell me. I won't make a big deal about it. I just want her to know it's wrong to judge people." I was lying like shit, I was so going to tear whoever said it a new one.

At that she visibly relaxed and after a few minutes of thought she finally gave me what I wanted.

"....it was Lauren. She's been pissy about the Cullens eyeing you all the time, said she doesn't understand why they kept looking at a...."

I was quick to hide my shock about hearing how all of the Cullens find me interesting, not just the mind reader, but I also noticed what she said at the end. And how she looked away at the end of her sentence, like she was ashamed, or even too angry to even finish.

"What's wrong, Angie? Why they kept looking at a what?" I asked, trying to see what was upsetting her. She looked frustrated, which was something I didn't see from her too much. She's pretty calm and to herself, she was also nice, which made it hard for me to not like her, as much as I didn't want to get to know anyone here.