'Words' - Mind Link conversation
Words/Words - Shawn/Aadya conversations or POV Character's thoughts
Words - Conversations in different languages
(Words) - Words ~ on the right hand side - Author's Note

Shawn's POV

Waking up I could tell today was the start of something new.

Yes, very high school musical of me, but I can feel it.

In two more days I had to restart my junior year all over again. I needed to know a little more about this town's inhabitants, before I'm ambushed by the plan-b evaders.

Deciding whether or not I should lounge around because I did wake up rather early...

"YOU DIDN'T CARE!! You didn't care to ask us if having cold ones down the block was alright, and I ain't talking about bud light Ma." I suddenly heard from somewhere.

Ok. It's one of those days I see.

Nope.

I won't be getting involved with that at all today. I strengthened my shields to block them out, deciding to take a bath and smoke before I started my tasks for the day.

I loved nature as you can tell

I loved nature as you can tell. Most of the house has plants all throughout it. My family and I are connected to nature so it does bring us peace.

"THAT'S ENOUGH!" My father's voiced boomed through my shields followed by Austen's cry.

So much for the peace because now I'm pissed that Austen has to hear them like this. This just turned into an auntie and niece day, that's for damn sure.

After washing, scrubbing, and exfoliating myself, I left the bathroom to go get dressed. It's going to be slightly chilly so I'm wearing some dark blue skinny jeans, a white cotton long sleeve shirt, some knee high cream sweaters socks, my knee high dark brown boots, and went with my tan-ish cream sherpa north face puffer coat and matching tan-ish cream hat, gloves and scarf set. I had already changed my piercings to gold and few silvers for my outfit.

My left ear: an industrial, two helixes, a daith, a rook and three ear lobe piercings
My right ear: two helixes, a tragus, a rook, a snug and three ear lobe piercings
Body: nipples, three nose rings (two on left and one on the right), two tongue piercings that I hide (only Ven knows I have it), belly button, and my soul snatcher

I had quite a few piercings for someone so young but once I got them I started to feel more and more like me, if that makes sense and I had loved them.

Once I felt satisfied with my appearance I grabbed my bag I chose for today, that had everything I would need for me and my niecey.

I had already linked Ven and told her I'm stealing Austen for the day, or so help me I'd neutralize her's and our Mom's powers for the whole day and lock them in a room together. She shut up quick and said she'll have an outfit for her ready while she went to gather Austen.

Deciding that we'll need some snacks while we're out I went to the kitchen and made our favorite lunch meat sandwich; BBQ loaf with american cheese on potato bread.

I grab some juice boxes for the little Rivers and some water bottles for us both. Few chips, cheese sticks, and some honey twist pretzels. Once I was finished I placed the sandwiches into a heated part of the bag and placed the drinks and cheese sticks in the cool part.

(Imagine Harry Potter charmed handbags, along with pocket dimensions)

I went back towards the living room only to find the little one was bouncing up and down in excitement, bombarding her mother with questions about what we were going to do today.

"Mommy, did Auntie say where we're going? Is it ice cream? I hope I can get rainbow vanilla swirl..."

She went on and on about what we could do. And yes, we eat ice cream in cold weather.

"Austen, I know you're excited but I need you to do something for me.." Raven crouched down to be eye to eye with her daughter, who stopped bouncing around taking in their mother's face. "I need you to listen to your Aunt while you're out with her today, ok? No matter what. I don't wanna hear you weren't listening to her, am I clear, young lady?" She said seriously to her daughter even though I could tell she wanted to say to hell with our plans for today, she also knew just how much this meant to Austen.

"Yes, Mommy. I'll listen to Auntie while we're out today. I promise." She stuck out her pinky waiting for my sister to copy her, which she did while trying to cover her chuckling, and linked their pinky fingers together. Sealing the promise with a kiss that my sister also copied.

'I know you'll protect her with your life... just please... both of you. .be careful and come back home.'

'I'll make sure she is safe Ven, the both of us. I promise. We'll be back around 4-4:30 pm. Try not to worry too much, you know Austen will feel it. I swear to you anyone that even looks at us the wrong way.'

'I'll rip them apart if they even think to harm our little lady bug.'

With a certain glint of the eye, that meant Rivers' vengeance, that had calmed her as she quietly sighed, and was about to rise up again but not before attacking her daughter with kisses all over her face, who just giggled and begged someone to save her from the smooch monster.

"Aunt..tt..ieee plll..eeee.....aaassssseeeeee...." Deciding she had enough of the smooch monst—my sister's assault.

"Okay Venny, pry them crusty thangs from my baby's face right now." I said, which made Austen chuckle, which didn't help since her mother decided to tickle her to get back at her.

"AHHhhhHhhH—AUNTIE PLEASE!" I had to help her now, so I pounced on my sister and started tickling her. Since she wasn't expecting that she stumbled and tilted over long enough for Austen to run behind me and laugh at her mother's fate now.

"Shh...HAHAHA....SHAWN...HAHAHAHAHA.....IMMA..GET..HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA...YOU....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Once I seen she was rey pass out from exhaustion, I hoisted my niece up on my hip and bolted to the garage door. The bags had already been zapped to the car.

"Get back here this isn't over, Shawn!"

"OH, YES IT IS!"

"YES IT IS, MOMMY! YOU SNOOZE YOU LOSE!"

Oh shit, now I gotta move it.

Looking back wasn't an option now, through my powers I shielded the car so that only me and Austen can be allowed in, and I had to override the shields to be let out the protective barrier that was around the entire property. It'll snap back into place once we're out and won't let anything in or out that's not supposed to, even with it being momentarily lifted.

"SEE YA MOMMY!"

"SEE YA SUCKER!"

We laughed at her irritated face, but the sight of Austen cracking up had her eyes softening instantly.

Using my little sunshine as a distraction I was able to pull out of the garage.

'Y'all better watch y'all ass when y'all get back.'

'See you later, sister dear.'

__

Revised, and edited on 9/15/23.