Chapter 1

Anna's POV

"Have a great summer Anna," Harry said, giving me a quick kiss before running through the barrier to meet with the Dursleys on the other side. I wished he didn't have to stay with them, and I could spend a summer with him... I snapped out of my thoughts, looking around for the Weasleys, but couldn't find them. Oh no... Then, I heard a bark, and spun around.

"Dad? What are you doing here?!" I asked excitedly as I saw a big, black dog. He gave another bark before trotting to a far end of King's Cross, where nobody else was. He turned to his human form, and gave me a big hug.

"How are you holding up?" He asked, and I didn't know how to respond. But I blurted it out the most obvious thing...

"Voldemort's back..."

"What?"

"Y...you didn't know?"

"I had heard rumors, but I didn't believe they were true... So that Diggory boy that you dated, he's dead then?" my dad asked casually, but I could tell he knew he had hit a weak spot. "Oh, erm, I'm sorry-"

"It's fine... And yeah, I tried saving him, I swear... I mean, I took the killing curse, and died for a few minutes but-"

"Wait, what?!"

"It was weird, and Mom came to me... She told me to tell you that she's okay, and that in the end-"

"We'll be a happy family. She said that when we were in hiding with the Potters, right before... Well, before I had left to find Pettigrew, and then was put in Azkaban..." he trailed off, bitterly. I could tell He wanted more than anything to just drop the topic, so I did.

"So...um, no offense, but why are you here?" I asked, and his sad expression quickly brightened up.

"Well, you know how you said you wish you could spend a summer with me?"

"Yes!"

"Well, we're spending the summer at 12 Grimmauld Place. For the first week or so, it will just be us, then the Weasleys will stay, and maybe even Hermione-"

"And Harry?"

"Maybe..."

"What?! Why not for sure?!" I asked, but he just shook his head.

"Come on, let's get going, I don't want anyone seeing me, and turning me in."

"So...how are we getting there?"

"Apparating... Have you ever done it?"

"No, I don't think so, but I'll manage-"

"HEY! ITS THE ESCAPED CRIMINAL, SIRIUS BLACK! GET HIM!" Someone shouted.

"Shit... We should probably apparate now, right?" I asked, and he nodded, his eyes full of fear. He grabbed my hand, and we were transported to an old, dull house. Apparating definitely was the worst, and I resisted the urge to throw up when we had arrived. But I quickly just ignored the churning in my stomach, and looked around. A chill ran down my spine as I stood in the creepy house.

"It's where I grew up, home sweet home," Sirius muttered sarcastically, and I knew he was thinking about his terrible childhood... He had told me all about it two years ago, when we were hiding in the Shrieking Shack for months, and talked all the time.

"Well...um, it sure is eerie..." I said stupidly, and mentally face palmed. He just chuckled, and slung an arm around my shoulders.

"I'll show you around. Trust me, after a while it won't be as bad," he said, and we went into different rooms. I was surprised about how big the house really was. There were a few bedrooms, a few other rooms, two bathrooms, a kitchen, a small sitting area, and the dining room. But I noticed there was one room he avoided showing me.

"Um, what's that room that we skipped?" I asked, and immediately regretted it. I knew my awkwardness was deathly painful, and it always acted up when I was nervous, or around people I didn't know that well. Yes, I was nervous around my father. It was a while since I had seen him before, and wanted to impress him as much as possible, but I knew I was failing miserably...

"I'll show you..." he said with a sigh, and led me into the room. It was quite large with some chairs, cupboards, and a large, what looked like a painting, on the wall. I felt like a was drawn towards it as I slowly walked over, and examined it. I realized it was...

"The Black family tree..." I mumbled, and Sirius came next to me.

"Yes... And that's why I avoid this room as much as possible..."

"Why...oh, I see," I said quietly, as I saw there was a hole where his face should be, and his name was faded, but visible under the hole. I looked under it and saw...

"Wait, how am I on here if you're taken off?" I asked, and he chuckled.

"Oh, my mother was a...well, I'll be respectful and won't even go there... Anyway,to answer your question, you are the keeper of the special Black family powers, and have such strong family genes that it is impossible to take you off... They've tried, but nobody can do it except for you."

"Well, what would happen, would I lose my powers?"

"Well, yes, and you would die..."

"What?!"

"Its really complicated, but yes, you would die... But anyways, yep, that's the house..." he said, quickly avoiding talking about the tree any longer. I just forced a smile, and nodded, not pushing him to tell me any more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, hey everyone, sorry this chapter sucked, and that its insanely short compared to my other ones. I PROMISE the other chapters will be longer and better. It's just that lately I've been working on a story (no, not a fanfiction, a STORY from scratch, I might post it, idk!), and I've been lazy with this story... Oh, and also, I'm not grounded anymore, so expect more updates! The next chapter will probably be out tomorrow to make up for this terrible, weird one. So yep, that's about it. Please vote, comment, follow me, and keep reading! :) 

(And thanks to @1harrypotterfreak for making the cover, I really appreciate it :)